Search results

1. kaw550

Electric water heater questions

I am not sure if it working before but I definetly turned it on before the air was purged out of it. It's obvously safer to drain the tank everytime I leave but is it necessary? We are there every weekend but at this point there is no heat during the week. Any idea what size fitting the drain...
  2. kaw550

Electric water heater questions

I turned on the water heater at cottage for the first time yesterday. Nothing happenned. I followed a online troubleshooting guide and I think I narrowed it down to a problem upper heater element. I did this with an ohm test but I am not up to speed with the different ranges on the meter...
  3. kaw550

Air fitting for blowing out system

Does anyone make a compressor fitting or schrader (sp?) valve that I can tie into my plumbing? I did ask a local supply shop but they didnt have anything. Right now I am planning to tie into the pex plumbing with a T, add a valve and a compressor fitting with a hose barb that I can clamp on.
  4. kaw550

The well is in, now what

Would I also need a separate plumbing permit to connect the tank to the house plumbing?
  5. kaw550

Freeze proof cottage plumbling

We are about a month into a cottage remodel. We should have running water this week. I don't think the plumbing was used for a couple of years but I was told it was drained each year. I inspected the pipes under the house. I do not see any cracks but there are a few patches. The crawl...
  6. kaw550

The well is in, now what

I am having a artesian well installed. It was actually installed two weeks ago. This week the line to house is being installed this week. I have a few questions but couldn't reach the well companyy so I thought I would post them here... Does the well company usually install the power...
  7. kaw550

Installing a deep well

More questions... Can I install the tank inside the house? Does it make noise at it fills and drains? The cottage is built on piers and would freeze in the winter. If I move the tank inside, I only have to worry about the water line. I am not sure if it would fit but I would like to raise...
  8. kaw550

Installing a deep well

After pushing one of the contractors I was given a second quote for a system that had a variable speed pump. However, it was because of my concern over the water pressure not being consistent (30 to 60psi). I was told it would maintain a higher pressure but he wasn't really pushing it.
  9. kaw550

Installing a deep well

Guy48065- From what I can tell, they had a shallow well until around 2000 when they put in a new septic and leach field. At that time they switched to lake water. The water fed a kitchen sink, bathroom sink, toilet, shower and water heater. So, there was running water. the plumbing looks...
  10. kaw550

Installing a deep well

Hello, I just found the forum. It looks like a great site. I am just starting a big project and will have a ton a questions. Were trying to turn a cabin into a house... The first step is to install a well. The PO's had a line running to the lake. We planned on installing a well but had...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks