Search results

1. bricc

Resin Recommendation

Just an update. I've regenerated this unit about 20 times and thankfully the odd taste seems to be dissipating. That's good news and we are all excited to have our soft water again.
  2. bricc

Resin Recommendation

I wish it were that easy. :-) We've actually had soft water in every house we've every owned. The taste from this new system is unlike anything I've experienced before. It tastes like plastic and soap mixed together and it leaves your tongue with a strange aftertaste. I've run the system...
  3. bricc

Resin Recommendation

I've cycled it four times today so far and it's in the middle of cycling again now with bleach in the brine tank as recommended by Dittohead (gotta love the handle). I've also had the water running through it for several hours between the regen cycles. I really hope that it resolves itself...
  4. bricc

Resin Recommendation

I did follow the directions to use deionized water, but those were posted here. They were not provided anywhere else or in any of my searches. BTW, is that a normal procedure? I've replaced resin several times before and never heard of that being required. It's also rarely mentioned in any...
  5. bricc

Resin Recommendation

Well, it looks like I'm in the market for another brand of resin. After everything is back together, the result is water that has a strong plastic taste. I'm not sure about the upset stomach part because I've not drank enough of the water to find out. I'm running it through a couple more...
  6. bricc

Resin Recommendation

Thanks for the info. I'm putting it back together today and should know something soon.
  7. bricc

Resin Recommendation

Thanks! Sounds like I should just go ahead and rebuild it with the replacement Indion resin. I just wanted to be sure because the softener is in a very tight spot and it's not an easy proposition to take it apart again. I'd rather spend the money now and do it once if required.
  8. bricc

Resin Recommendation

I have a Fleck 5600SXT with a 10x44 tank. It was prefilled with Indion 225 Naf resin. After installing the unit in our new house we found that our water had a funny taste and it caused us to have upset stomach issues. I called the retailer and they sent replacement resin, saying something...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks