Search results

1. contactcr

Kitchen sink drain / trap / vent issue. Sewer smell, glug glug, etc.

I do run water down the other sink when it spits up and smells but that is all after the fact. I'm trying to avoid the initial smell, I am not worried about the trap getting bone dry.
  2. contactcr

So a plumber came out and we are pretty confident we found the vent in the attic. Also, the sink drains pretty fast so it's likely there IS a vent. His only suggestion was to redo the drain with a single trap at a HEFTY expense. I didn't get the feeling this was a definite solution and at the...
  3. contactcr

Any tests I can rig up or additional info I may be able to provide for a more definitive answer? Also, I was under the impression two P-traps going into one drain was not ideal since it is possible one can be siphoned empty. We only really use the side of the sink with the disposal and the...
  4. contactcr

Background: Kitchen sink with two sink basins. Dishwasher hooked into garbage disposal on right side. No issues with drains, smells, traps, etc in any other parts of the house as far as I have noticed. We primarily get the sewer gas smell when emptying a large pot or doing a lot of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks