Search results

1. syn3rgy

P-trap for laundry, a little lost

Well, I got into it today, and IT WORKS. lol. Only problem I have right now, is one of those stupid rubber couplings has like a pinhole leak in it, but I think it might just be because it worn out, they were filled with dirt, etc. Nice to get that sewer smell gone. And thank god I didn't make...
  2. syn3rgy

thank you very much for your help. At least now I know what to do without flooding the place! lol
  3. syn3rgy

So, I drew this out quickly, is this kind of what you are talking about?
  4. syn3rgy

Could I possibly put a p trap on the other side of the wall??
  5. syn3rgy

this is what the other side of the wall looks like. This pipe runs straight across to the drain, thats all there is.
  6. syn3rgy

yes, the pipe goes through the wall, and just drops vertical a bit, then goes into a horizontal pipe that leads to the drain.
  7. syn3rgy

I will have to look around for some pictures, I am having a tough time understanding what you are saying.
  8. syn3rgy

I just want to get it at this point so the sewer gas cant come up anymore. Even if it's temporary for winter, I am a student right now, so I can't really gut the thing until I have the cash.
  9. syn3rgy

here are a couple of pictures as it stands right now.. sorry they arent the greatest!!
  10. syn3rgy

I just did a few quick measurements in the room, if I go too low, there is another pipe there for the outside tap, so I drew this up. Would this work okay? Forgive me if it's a little rough.
  11. syn3rgy

Sorry for the questions guys, just trying to plan this out, I am just wondering if I can put an elbow on the pipe coming through the wall, and have it run vertical down for a foot or two, and have it then run horizontal for about two feet, have my p trap and AAV at the end of that run...
  12. syn3rgy

I have a question about using an AAV. If I have to use one, does it have to be higher than the highest point in the system? Where my pipe comes out of the wall, like I said, it's 37" or so. So would it have to be higher than that, or can it be less if I run the pipe down a bit, and have the p...
  13. syn3rgy

I am wondering how to vent this... the problem right now is that we are getting the smell of sewer every once and a while from there, wouldn't the vent on the p trap cause the same problem?
  14. syn3rgy

Hey guys, my first post here, but a very important one! haha.. I bought my first home a little while ago, and I have an issue in my porch area where my laundry is. The drain for the washing machine sticks out about 37" above the floor, and it has no p trap, which I would like to install...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks