Search results

1. T

New tub flange not square

I would visit the store where you bough the tub and take measurements of ones they have in stock and if any of those ones are better return the one you have. You can also shim the studs out with plywood strips so when the backboard is attacked it will go over the tub flange. Dont forget to...
  2. T

PEX leak

I dont think the hardness of the water would cause the pipe to sweat or break down. Something happened and the PEX is deteriorating I just dont know what is causing it. Has anyone seen this happen before? I'm concerned because I'm remodeling my bathroom and replacing all the CPVC with PEX. I've...
  3. T

another stinky kitchen drain and dishwasher problem

In you first post you said two traps didn't have water in them, which two? Do they now? It definitely sounds like you might have a vent problem. Do you have a picture of the drain below? “When I open doors and windows in the day, the smell will immediately waft up” This would make sense if the...
  4. T

Tub leak, stain in ceiling below - How to find leak???

I would also suggest taping up a thick plastic vapor barrier but over the entire tub surround. I suspect that you have no waterproofing behind your tile and grout is not water tight. Grout is very porous and wicks moister just like concrete. Every time water hits the grout some will go through...
  5. T

PEX leak

It is not coming from the coupling, the drain slopes away from the PEX. The stains you see are from hard water. In the first picture I was pulling the PEX down off the PVC so you can see where they were touching. Rubbing the surface of the PEX you can feel it is rough and wet. If you wipe the...
  6. T

PEX leak

Hello, Everyone I was visiting my parents today and found a very small puddle of water in the basement. It appears some kind of reaction is taking place where the PEX is touching a PVC drain. It is right next to a connector but no primer or cement is touching the cross. Both pipes are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks