Search results

1. Ankhseeker

Corded float switches

Question. Do Those dongle style float switches come in either Normally open or normally closed? (up for open down for closed) I am trying to draw a wiring diagram for my well setup but would rather not take it apart to measure continuity if I don't have to. Thanks!
  2. Ankhseeker

fleck 1500 valve positions

Hi Guys, I am looking at a diagram of a fleck 1500 softener valve water flow. I am curious what the Slow rinse position and the rapid rinse positions are/do. Thanks!
  3. Ankhseeker

Well hole plumbness and pump life.

I just had a new well drilled and I could tell by the rig's position that the well hole would not be plumb. Will this make a difference in operation or will it affect the life of the pump they put down there? They drilled down 204' , placed a 5" PVC casing with gravel around it. Sealed the...
  4. Ankhseeker

Generator connections and terminology

I am looking for the safest way with what I have to connect a 5k generac generator to my house so I can run my well pump during power outages. Granted, a transfer switch would be the safest and easiest, but where I live, the outages seem to come infrequently, but are there for hours and...
  5. Ankhseeker

plumbing awards

2013 PLUMBER OF THE YEAR AWARDS - FINALISTS &%$@# Hmmmmm… Should have measured twice! Apparently, you don’t want anyone seeing Your face, but everything else is okay? The oak seat is a nice touch, though. And the purpose for the door is? This stall is for people that...
  6. Ankhseeker

best tile to concrete cement

I have some tile that I would like to set in a small bathroom. What is the best bonding cement to use to assure good adhearence to the concrete floor? Also, most likely I will need 2 wax toilet seals?
  7. Ankhseeker

working with concrete and piping

Looking for ideas on how the pros do this. In my garage, I have the water input from the well. I want to tap in to the output of the water softener to run softened water to the shop and cap off the raw water going there now. on the outside wall of the garage there is a sidewalk. I need to...
  8. Ankhseeker

Toilet jet testing on old bowl

I moved in this house a few years ago and there is a toilet in the shop. It usually flushes ok after a #1, but doesn't always work correctly with a #2. After reading the forums here, I am hoping for some extra input before yanking it for inspection. some facts first... This toilet is...
  9. Ankhseeker

One right way to run electrical

Ok, I am not an electrician, but am comfortable working with electrical. Here is the scenerio. I have a shop/garage that has an outside outlet on it already. About 30 feet away, I have a chicken coop. I would like to run power out there for multiple uses. What I am thinking is to get one of...
  10. Ankhseeker

Urinal leaks at spud

Hi Gang. There is a urinal at work that leaks. My problem is this. On the top, there is a compression grommet that seals the top from leaking when flushed. There is a sloan/royal flush valve that supplies the water. As you can see in the picture, I have raised the escutcheon to show a...
  11. Ankhseeker

dumb scsi card recommendation(s)

My wife had an old PC clone computer with an HP legal size flat bed color scanner. In the machine, there is an ISA SCSI card to run the scanner. She now has an older Dell, computer. I would like to add the scanner to the Dell, but it doesn't have any ISA slots, so I thought that I would try...
  12. Ankhseeker

Are washerless sink valves fixable?

I have a price pfister lavy washerless sink set. the hot and cold water valves drip. I removed each valve assy and replaced some "o" rings etc. Still drip. Are they worth messing with further, or should I just bite the bullet and get a new valve assy for each?
  13. Ankhseeker

Gas water heater bonding

I recently had a Pv solar system installed for electricity only. The county inspector (in calif) told the installer that the inlet and outlet water pipes of the natural gas water heater had to be tied together. I know that the cold already was grounded. I know that there is potential for...
  14. Ankhseeker

sealing of vent pipe at ceiling

I have a 6" vent from my over stove microwave that was installed by someone else. My wife noticed that there is cold air coming in the cabinet from the space between the vent pipe and the top of the cabinet. What should i seal this space with? Just insulation or is there a better product?
  15. Ankhseeker

Natural gas line routing

I have a natural gas line running in the attic to feed my furnace at the other end of the house. At the furnace, it drops through the ceiling down the inside of the furnace closet to the furnace valve. I want to run a "T" off of that line in the attic down the inside of a wall so that I can...
  16. Ankhseeker

Parts needed for this old timer. Fleck water softener

I have had this water softener in my house since I bought it 5 years ago. It looks pretty old. I need one of the micro switches for it as it doesn't work properly anymore. Can anyone tell me what brand this is? There are two of these timer assy's in my system. One for the brine tank and the...
  17. Ankhseeker

The order of things

I live in California if it makes a difference. I have a newly installed water system that was installed by a water company. They came out of the well pump casing to the bottom of the water storage tank. (fill it from the bottom). From the internal storage tank pump, they came out the top...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks