Search results

1. akcooper9

$8000 to replace a pump- is that reasonable?

I agree. Glad I put a CSV on from day 1 :)
  2. akcooper9

New Pressure Gauge

Pros: My pressure gauge needs to be replaced. What are you guys installing and finding to last a reasonable amount of time? Note, my pressure gauge is out in the elements 24/7. Thanks!
  3. akcooper9

Need Advice About River Water Pump Setup

I think the issue with the sub pump in the river is the electrical.
  4. akcooper9

About to drill well - Need Advice

Dont, I can tell you as a home owner..I appreciate a job done right the first time.
  5. akcooper9

Here is what you wanted Valveman

Adding a 67 dollar CSV to constitutes cheap insurance in my book.
  6. akcooper9

Pressure switch differential, CSV and large bladder tank

I have an 80 gallon pressure tank with a CSV. I left the 20 PSI gap on the pressure switch. I have ZERO issues.
  7. akcooper9

using CSV, how long should it take to reach cut-out pressure

Makes sense to me. Ill let you do all the technical thinking and Ill enjoy the benefit of the CSV :)
  8. akcooper9

using CSV, how long should it take to reach cut-out pressure

+1...I think once you have hit the minimum run time for the motor once it has started, it doesn't matter how long it takes to fill after all water has been shut off. On my well with a CSV, once all water is off, its takes 3 minutes to fill the pressure tank and kick the well off.
  9. akcooper9

Newbie with Shallow Well needs some advise

I have the 'basic' CSV160 on my irrigation well and its great. Ran the hose at 2 gallons a minute for about 3 hours...not once did it cycle!
  10. akcooper9

Wire guage too small -- what are the ramifications?

Why not have the out and fix the mistake....
  11. akcooper9

Check Valve requirement at pressure tank in NH

Who cares. Remove it after it has been inspected...if you have inspections. Here is Texas, I believe they are 'required' but my well never had an inspection. I removed the check valve after I installed my CSV
  12. akcooper9

Setting pump with poly pipe at 400'

The entire first page of results was from greenspace.org Ok when I see results for different sources sure ill worry but greenspace would probably be the first to tell you that drinking water is bad too...especially from a private well :)
  13. akcooper9

Setting pump with poly pipe at 400'

I wonder too. As a DIY'er there are times when one must draw the line and call in the pro's. Personally, I value you, VM and a few others input on this thread. DONT STOP I watched the crew that drilled my well. It went very smooth and they hit no issues which made it look 100 times easier...
  14. akcooper9

Depth of pump below static level?

Thats why they passed the fire tax bill :) So glad we left CA for Texas. As for the drop pipe, when I had my well done, I dont recall reading anything about pvc being bad for water and drinking from it.
  15. akcooper9

Well Picture Thread

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing
  16. akcooper9

Help setting up storage tank system

1+ I use a CSV on my 80 gallon pressure tank and it works great.
  17. akcooper9

Well Picture Thread

VM up in Oklahoma I noticed their water towers dont have a 'bubble' up top like we do here in Texas. (see below) Are they using CSV's?????
  18. akcooper9

New well owner help

I've got a big 80 Gallon tank (thats what was set when the well was drilled) and I personally like it with my CSV that I installed a month ago. The only reason I see to not go with a smaller tank is because I like that I have a couple minutes after shutting off the hose before my pump kicks off...
  19. akcooper9

Well Picture Thread

I picked up a CSV160 from Valveman. Had it installed and working in 30 minutes. Love the fact I can run a hose for however long I want and the pump never shuts off!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks