Search results

1. LindaK

how to remove kitchen tap

Thanks! My son says he has a friend who is in plumbing and may have one. Why do companies make things that take "special" tools. Ugghhhh
  2. LindaK

how to remove kitchen tap

I'm trying to remove a kitchen tap and having problems. Underneath the sink the waterlines and spray hose etc come out of the tap base but are all surrounded 3/4 of the way by a metal circular sheath (for lack of a better term) that is about an inch long. There is a nut way up inside of this...
  3. LindaK

installation of a cast iron ceramic kitchen sink

Okay, DAP it is!! One more question, there is old white caulking left around the sides. What is the best way to remove it without scratching the surface? Can I use nailpolish remover? (Yes, I'm a woman.)
  4. LindaK

I don't fell anything like that. I live alone and it's far too heavy for me to pickup and look under it. It's just sitting on a mat on the floor. The lip is just smooth all around and no threaded holes under the sink. Thanks for the speedy reply! -L
  5. LindaK

I just bought a used cast iron ceramic kitchen sink in good condition and I really love the look of it! It's a drop in type. I've installed stainless steel ones before and used those screw mount things (okay, I'm a woman and have no idea what the technical term is) to hold it in place. This sink...
  6. LindaK

Looking for a creative (and pet friendly) plumber

Okay, this is thinking way outside the box, but have you checked out stuff in gardening websites? They should have automatic plant watering systems that could be adapted. (??) They sense when the probe is dry.
  7. LindaK

crawl space humidity

I put the dehumidifier down there and have moved it about and empied it twice. My goal is to dry it out and then try and see where the water is coming from. There are no leaking water pipes that I can see. There is a creek on 2 sides of the house but it was low when I noticed the problem. (It's...
  8. LindaK

crawl space humidity

Thanks for you're fast replies! One thing I forgot when replacing the dried out insulation was to check about the vapour barrier. Also, I don't want to open the vents cause it's totally pouring outside. The air outside will be saturated in water. I live in a very wet part of BC. I'll also turn...
  9. LindaK

crawl space humidity

Hi, I'm new here and have a dampness problem in my crawl space. I have a 1.5 story house in British Columbia, Canada. When I bought it, it had the vents closed and a heater on full blast. It was dry but my hydro bill was huge. So, last year my son and I turned the heater off and insulated the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks