Search results

1. dschag

Designing a sprinkler system to put water on house during brush fire

Sorry valveman, I think I confused you. I connected the sprinkler lines BEFORE house regulator. The pressure gauge at my house pump reads about 75 pounds. I already have a back up generator (Generac, on propane, comes on automatically, and I have the sprinklers spraying the well pump, the...
  2. dschag

I could add that the rainbirds are throwing the water about 25'.
  3. dschag

I could add that the rainbirds are throwing the water about 25'.
  4. dschag

Hello. I live in the Los Angeles area, in the mountains with a lot of thick, dry chaparral. I've put in a watering system on top of the ground until I can decide if it is the best I can do. It doesn't throw as much water as I had hoped, where I would like it, and would like to identify the...
  5. dschag

Eternal 195s hybrid on propane

Update: I finally found someone who could take of my questions about my Eternal 195s and he took care of my problem.
  6. dschag

Eternal Gas Tankless Water Heater Noise!?

I don't think the problem is due to propane tank size.
  7. dschag

Aquavar spd vertical pump

Thanks guys. I've determined that the motor is a Baldor, 5hp, model vm3613t. I talked to Baldor and they say the bearings should be greased at least every 22 months and I'd say mine has not had any maintenance in 48 months, so I will give the greasing a try. Any tips on greasing one of these...
  8. dschag

Valveman, you rock! Although I would not frame my comments about government quit as you do, I don't have any doubt that companies, usually through lobbyists, influence commerce to their benefit. I will tell you a little story which you will probably find a little funny if not certainly ironic...
  9. dschag

my pump is about three years old, in a residential location. the motor of the pump has gotten louder and louder and I am not sure why. it has been stressed a couple times because the #%$@*^% who put it in made some mistakes (put wrong kind of ball valve in and put transducer in upside down)...
  10. dschag

Help! (I used to hate guys who yell for help like this but now I understand)

Yes, you can bet I'll be watching the electrical panel pretty closely for awhile.
  11. dschag

Can you monitor water tank level from the float?

Humm, interesting. The Rhombus device is pretty and also pretty expensive (starting at $440). I like the pressure idea--would you imagine I could simply put a pressure gauge somewhere on the bottom of the tank? For instance, I got an extra 4" bib (not connected to anything), could I drill...
  12. dschag

Best way to clean minerals and stuff in water tank

Guess the fact that I had not climbed up and looked inside my water tank in three years says how much I really did not want to know what I might find. When I did yesterday, I could see a lot of white sediment everywhere (dried on floats, coating side walls and floating on top of water). I did...
  13. dschag

Can you monitor water tank level from the float?

Having survived the scare of a low water alarm, I started thinking about the fact that the alarm did not sound until 10,000 gallon tank was about half empty. By employing some sort of water conservation system, I assume we could make the water last until we could solve the problem. However, I...
  14. dschag

VaWellDriller. I am thinking about re-naming the subject of my post to: HELP, I'M AN IDIOT! The breaker was the issue. Simplest of all issues. I've re-set breakers many times and knew about the hard right first issue but somehow never registered with me. What a relief. Thank you all very...
  15. dschag

Oh, and wanted to add another source of confusion for me: when I take the controller hard (metal) cover off, there is this kind of thin piece of black plastic (?) that seems to cover the entire controller board so I am not sure how or if I can get to any terminals to test the current. Anybody...
  16. dschag

Ok, I don't think I need to measure voltage for wires into well because here is what I have determined. The controller does not have any power (it's an ITT controller, HS30 and it has a status light, which right now is showing nothing, no lights whatsoever). I reset the breaker again and that...
  17. dschag

I have a 565' deep well in California. Water level was tested (24 hour run test) 5 years ago at 345' and have not had any problems, until now. My low water tank alarm (Rhombus XT) went off a couple hours ago. Got a ladder and looked in my 10,000 gallon tank and sure enough, water had...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks