Search results

1. surfsalterpath

Toilet change to comfort height 2006 Trophy Park Home model?

.....awesome! I like having the "toilet world" being my "oyster"!!!!! Thanks for the advice!
  2. surfsalterpath

Toilet change to comfort height 2006 Trophy Park Home model?

.....want to change the original toilet in our 2006 Trophy Park Model mobile home to the "comfort height" toilet. The existing bolt down toilet bolts are 12" to the REAR WALL. Does that mean I can buy any "comfort height" toilet from Lowes, Home Depot etc that has the 12" bolt down set back...
  3. surfsalterpath

Drain pipe 1-1/2" threads rusted bath sink drain---want to rethread--How do I do it?

??what is the brass looking fitting on the end of the supply line valve?
  4. surfsalterpath

Drain pipe 1-1/2" threads rusted bath sink drain---want to rethread--How do I do it?

....i heated the pipe then used a wire brush all around the threads and some pb blaster "lube oil" than I filed down and chipped off the corrosion where the threads start. Finally I got the galvanized 1 1/2" threaded cap to start screw on. Could only screw it on a couple of turns and very...
  5. surfsalterpath

.....what a pia! Bathroom redo in a 1960's built house. Of course, the 1-1/2" bath sink drain pipe is cast iron and the pipe sticks out of the wall under the bath sink about 5". The threads have gunked up somewhat and I cannot get either of the 2, pvc/plastic nut to screw on nor a...
  6. surfsalterpath

External vs Internal Cast Iron pipe closet flange

Same issue. I removed the OLD oakum/jute/lead flange that was TOO HIGH off the floor for these new toilets----which do not have enough depth lip as the old toilets. The waste pipe is 4" cast iron in vry good shape BUT was too high. Had to GRIND off about 1/2" of the jagged top of the 4" cast...
  7. surfsalterpath

Toilet Flange Issue

compression closet flange http://www.oatey.com/products/drains-and-closet-flanges/closet-flanges/cast-iron-closet-flange this old house example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnXezZt6OMk
  8. surfsalterpath

New Sani Seal 'nonwax' toilet gasket?

I'm not a plumber. I have installed/replaced maybe 10 toilets so far in my life. Not an expert by any means. We had a laminate floor installed which left the flange about 1/3 inch below the top of the laminate floor. Cast iron piping eliminated sliding the floor under the flange. Bummed. I...
  9. surfsalterpath

New Sani Seal 'nonwax' toilet gasket?

anyone use this new 'nonwax' toilet gasket? http://saniseal.com/ the big boxes do not have it yet. I got one from an 'orgill' supplied hardware store.(independent)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks