Search results

1. Reach4

Inrush Question: Shallow well jet vs deep well submersible pumps

for 3 inch for SQ pump 3-inch pvc solid sched 40 would work, but is thicker than needed. ASTM 2949 appears to be 3.25 OD, and Fernco seems to call it thinwall. https://www.napcopipe.com/sites/default/files/media/PL-PS-005-US-EN-0119.2_D2949.pdf pvc solid sched 30 od:3.25 ID: 3.00 min wall...
  2. Reach4

Water Softener Drainage

The drainage is bad for plants. Ideally the water would continue down to a "dry well" -- a cavity filled with gravel-- that let the water seep down rather than over to the grass.
  3. Reach4

Help with locating a replacement for old American Standard

OK. There are people who extend a lavatory countertop over the toilet with what is called a banjo top/shelf. Will that renovation include a new closet flange with a 12 inch rough-in? If not, there are 10-inch rough Toto Drakes as well as more expensive Toto toilets that use a Unifit to handle...
  4. Reach4

water in drip pan

Typically this means that your thermal expansion tank is not working or needs to be bigger or needs to exist. Without a good thermal expansion tank, when cold water heats and expands, the water pressure rises to 150 psi. At that point the temperature and pressure relief valve opens and passes...
  5. Reach4

Help with locating a replacement for old American Standard

What do you mean "looking for a replacement toilet that also has narrow depth tank."? Does that mean the toilet tank will be under a shelf that limits the height of the toilet that will fit? Your earlier post was...
  6. Reach4

Inrush Question: Shallow well jet vs deep well submersible pumps

Your SQ pump is not a jet pump. It is submersible, which is good. Expect the SQ pump to be more generator-friendly than a jet pump. Despite the SQ having a slow start feature, I think it is still going to get going faster than a jet pump. Usually with a submersible, you set the air precharge...
  7. Reach4

3 cleanouts in front yard right next to each other?

Just speculating... how about the one farther from the house being an RV sewer hookup? Is that in a place that you could readily park an RV? Certainly, there are other possibilities.
  8. Reach4

Pumps and tanks well forum

For using the sandpoint water for emergency house use, what would you propose to control the pump? Does your pump go on and off controlled by the irrigation controller? Or is there a pressure switch which switches on the pump when you turn on a water valve?
  9. Reach4

Gifted a toilet with no seat... Little Meerkat (Amazon) Simple Project (Home Depot)

What is the spacing for the seat bolt holes-- 6.25 inches?
  10. Reach4

Where's the heat!

#2 Using the connector line could have been to make it easier to possibly put in a new softener in the future.
  11. Reach4

Advice please on a utility sink install

I was thinking there might have been a little flow of tape/paste overnight, and things might have relaxed enough to give you an extra 1/8 turn with the same wrench.
  12. Reach4

Increasing the PSI: am I being too cautious?

I think the higher pressure could be of use for houses with the pressure switch in the basement and have a second story. Also, if you are watering your lawn, your sprinklers may work better with more pressure. I adjusted my pressure from 30/50 to 38/58. I did not notice much difference. I...
  13. Reach4

I presume the sitting will be followed by a re-tightening.
  14. Reach4

Toilet Triage

Put water into a 5 gallon bucket or bigger waste container. Pour into the center of the bowl from as high as you can and as fast as you dare. The thought is that the deluge may wash something thru. It is also possible that the path to the siphon jet is limed up. The siphon jet, if you have one...
  15. Reach4

So those things with the o-rings, under the nuts have female threads. I wonder if there is a problem with those things resisting the torque as you tighten the PEX adapter.
  16. Reach4

Once the clamp is off, a hair dryer heating the pipe should make it wiggle off better. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/moen-shower-valve-with-ips-threading.101522/#post-730738 Terry suggested dope over the tape. I have seen people suggest as many as 7 wraps if using thin tape...
  17. Reach4

Pipe dope and tape both make leaks less likely. At this point, try giving the fitting 1/4 or 1/2 turn more. Also, before putting the pex onto the fitting, consider letting the joint sit for a bit. Then come back and tighten some more. Getting the torque on the fittings is easier with longer...
  18. Reach4

Brass Compression Coupling

https://www.copper.org/applications/plumbing/water_service/installation.html seems to think that compression fittings underground are OK.
  19. Reach4

Contactor Timer Wiring

I am assuming that the timer is intended to inhibit water pumping for some periods. If that is the case, I think wiring the timer contacts in series with one of the hot wires should accomplish that. If that is not the case, and you want the timer to force the pump on regardless of the pressure...
  20. Reach4

How to repair shower with CPVC pinhole leaks in tight space

It would be interesting to see how the CPVC was installed to begin with. To me, pinhole leaks usually imply leaks somewhere other than at a joint.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks