Search results

1. Alkraut

How Do I Remove Accor Plastic Push-Pull Supply Valves?

Hello, I am a handy guy who has done quite a bit of "amateur" plumbing and repairs. I am replacing the dishwasher in our 9year old home and the shut-offs are those nasty Accor plastic push-pull valves with the supply hose attached. The feeds are cpvc and I would like to replace the one for...
  2. Alkraut

Removal and Replacement of ACCOR FlowTite Shut Off Valves

Thank you Jim, terrific advice! On those where there is enough pipe, I will cut back with a rotating tubing cutter and smooth the inside/outside edges. I will clean the outside of the pipe with a non-abrasive Dobie dish pad.
  3. Alkraut

Once I remove the ACCOR Flowtite valves, would the Sharkbite be able to be used on the same CPVC surface?
  4. Alkraut

Thank you all for the information and advice. I will try to get an ACCOR from a plumbing supply and see if I can practice cutting it off on a piece of CPVC pipe. So once I get it off will smoothing the pipe with fine sandpaper help? If I use the standard compression type fitting with a brass...
  5. Alkraut

Hello, I am new to this great forum, but I have done much DIY plumbing repairs and have good mechanical skills and tools. I need some advice/instruction on a valve replacement that I have never done. My home in Florida was built in 2006 and the builder used ACCOR "push-on" FlowTite shut offs...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks