Search results

1. nc73

Well Bacteria fix

I'm going to venture a guess and say that it didn't work. Someone would be getting rich over this by now if it were true.
  2. nc73

DIY well grouting

Yeah I will. Gonna get the pond project done this weekend and pole barn next. One project to the next. Pole barn will be the most expensive by far.
  3. nc73

DIY well grouting

When they did my 2 boreholes for geo, it was a plastic white trammie pipe. I bet you it's the same price as if they had to drill :) 2400 a pop.
  4. nc73

DIY well grouting

That's what I was afraid of. I doubt they will come out just to grout. It's just a waste. I have 2 wells that are not sealed and one that's sealed. Might have to go horizontal this time vs vertical for the barn. Drillers always want to drill.
  5. nc73

DIY well grouting

Is this even doable without expensive grout pumps? I have another old well on the property that is not sealed with bentonite. Possibly use it for my next geothermal project for the upcoming pole barn. It will at least provide part of the load.
  6. nc73

Relocate pressure tank inside home

Instead of socket fusion, I went ahead and tested the differing pipes with butt fusion and it works great.
  7. nc73

Thanks for the advice valveman!
  8. nc73

I know the location of the pipe coming from the well. I was just going to trench there, making a straight line to the house. I won't need to trench around the well house at all. I was going to fuse the pipes since I have sdr11's but of course it's not the same size as regular hdpe for water...
  9. nc73

So the well house is above the old well. The new well is over a hundred feet away and the water lines goes into the old well. and into my home via pitless adapter. There is a slow leak that causes the pump to cycle every 30 mins. It's always been an issue, I just didn't notice it until i paid...
  10. nc73

Fake pump contractor arrested: Why to DIY!

I do all my own work even HVAC. The only thing I don't do is when it's cheaper to hire out. For example to rent a mini excavator it would cost me 720 for a day with pickup and delivery. I got a guy off craigslist that will do the trenching and breaking up concrete for me for 550. I didn't...
  11. nc73

Undo plugged well?

Well I got a guy to come out with his little kubota and trenched to the house so I can run the pipes for Geothermal. Socket fusion sure is easy. It's up and running. Efficiency is down a bit due to closed loop. Running pump and dump (open loop) was great but of course the money spent in...
  12. nc73

Undo plugged well?

They are doing it right, i saw the tremie pipe being used from bottom up. it's a family business, started 40 years ago.
  13. nc73

Undo plugged well?

each well is 1.25 tons capacity, but it will be grouted so heat transfer or rejection can occur. I already have a working water well. Yup correct the 2 new ones is just for geo. 2400 per 200ft, a drinking well would cost almost 10k here, with pump, etc.
  14. nc73

Undo plugged well?

That's the geo pipe and is grouted with no casing. I don't have city water. Another well was dug, I think because the old one was low production and somehow the pump was stuck in it. It was before i purchased it. BTW plugging the old well is for environmental reasons.
  15. nc73

Undo plugged well?

Well the drilling started this am. They hit a small boulder at 6ft, some limestone deeper, took about 6 hours total to get the 200ft, setup time included. They should be done with the second hole by noon tomorrow.
  16. nc73

Undo plugged well?

I think it just comes down to what makes more money? I'm sure drilling new makes more :) They are out here now prepping. Too bad i couldn't reuse the 3 wells that's out here. What a waste.
  17. nc73

Constant Pressure Pump

First of all, what size is your Heat Pump? Open loops only require 1.5gpm per ton, so that tells me you have a 7ton?
  18. nc73

Undo plugged well?

Yeah I was hoping they forgot to plug it but the well receipt that I got from the previous owner said they did at 400 dollars with bentonite.
  19. nc73

Undo plugged well?

He did drill a well for the previous owner, he got a permit for that but it was for a water well of course. Might have to call the county. Reach4, plugging should be from bottom to top, most leave a few feet unplugged. At least that's the rule here.
  20. nc73

Undo plugged well?

That’s what the driller said no permits. Not sure it matters being in Ohio.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks