Search results

1. RCraig

Different kinds of backer board for shower

I have heard all kinds of ideas and opinions about the various kinds of backer board for a shower surround. Yesterday I saw "Wedi" board (not sure I have the right spelling). It is a foam board, and is rubberized on each side. I like the idea - very light and hopefully water-tight...
  2. RCraig

Tub removed, bringing out new questions/issues

Thanks for all the advice - in response to my previous post about a shifty tub that leaked into the basement when and only when someone took a shower. The tub is out! Two observations relevant to the leak that it haunted me with: 1. The tub lies between the wall of the bathroom and the...
  3. RCraig

Old shifty crack at tub/tile wall interface (front side) has become intolerable

I received help from a brilliant plumber on this forum quite some years ago. The problem in brief was as follows: Water comes down into basement whenever someone takes a shower. However, no leaks occur when I pour water (a lot) everywhere trying to figure out what the problem is. What...
  4. RCraig

lake/ice rink in driveway

I am hoping someone might help me learn about driveways in the Northeast US. Clay soil, freezing winter etc. At present, the driveway is not paved over with anything, it is just dirt and gravel. The good news is I found someone who will put in a new catch basin and pipes to get rid of the...
  5. RCraig

Do you guys do drainage questions?

toilet problem of several months ago completely solved due to the help of many people on this forum. Next, very different issue: large amount of water accumulation in driveway after it rains. It started years ago as a small pool that my then small son liked to play in. The water now fills...
  6. RCraig

Need Insulated toilet tank, worried about low flush toilets

I haven't been on this forum for several years, since you guys helped me enormously with my mysterious shower leak. In other words, the leak got cured! New problem. TOILET SWEAT. It is so bad that it ruined the ceiling on the bathroom below. My plumber suggested an insulated toilet tank...
  7. RCraig

Problem diagnosed, still need advice

Some time ago you guys kindly helped me with a shower leak (into basement) problem. I could use a bit more of your helpful information. My question is How is the front of a built-in tub normally supported? This tub has tiled walls on three sides. The tub is supported on the two long sides...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks