Search results

1. 702jerry

Hardened substance in Garbage Disposal

Interesting replies, thanks. Only thing is that I'm very inexperienced with plumbing and garbage disposals in particular. Removing the trap and black elbow or un-jamming with a hex socket connected to an extension are not things that I'd be any good at doing. I might do more damage than good...
  2. 702jerry

Hardened substance in Garbage Disposal

Hello, about three weeks ago I put some left over beans in the garbage disposal. The disposal locked up. I used an allen wrench to loosen up the blades, which seemed to be successful, however when I attempted to plug the disposal in the disposal fired up even though the power switch was off...
  3. 702jerry

Pipe leak in wall behind toilet?

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into water hammer arrestors. There's a Lowes right down the street from me. I'm sure they will have them.
  4. 702jerry

Good idea. I'll adjust the fill valve float down a bit.
  5. 702jerry

Ok thanks Jim. I didn't know that about WM / water hammer pressure spikes. I'll turn off the water supply to the WM when I'm not using it. Thanks all who replied to the post.
  6. 702jerry

update 09/25: Replaced the flapper which fixed the water leak from tank to toilet problem. Confirmed this by applying the red food coloring test. Not one drop of food coloring from tank to bowl. As for the "dripping" sound from behind wall, the behavior has changed. Now, after a flush I can...
  7. 702jerry

Thanks wjcandee for the great advice and excellent description of why water from the bowl would leak into the trapway and down the drain. I'm going to Lowe's tomorrow to get some other stuff, while I'm there I'll return the Fluid Master and get a Korky. I like that its made in the U.S.A. I...
  8. 702jerry

UPDATE: Definitely a flapper problem. On turning on the water to the toilet the tank was filling slowly because water was leaking into the bowl. I put my finger on the front edge of the flapper and the tank was able to fill in a more normal fashion. The dripping sound started immediately on...
  9. 702jerry

wjcandee and jadnashua, Great info thanks! I should mention that I work about 50-55 hours in the space of four days so I haven't had time to do additional tests yet. I have three days off starting Sunday so I should be able to do these tests at that time and will get back to you.
  10. 702jerry

Wjcandee, Thank you very much for the detailed information! That is very helpful.
  11. 702jerry

I live alone in a somewhat small 3 bedroom, 2 ½ bath house. A couple of nights ago (Tuesday 9/17), I flushed the toilet in the guest or 2nd upstairs bath. Later that night I walked by the bathroom and heard a constant dripping noise. On inspection I didn't see any water near the toilet, bathtub...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks