Search results

1. Rao

Help with 1 1/4 chromed lav sink/vanity drain set up

All assembled, no leaks, two slips in total. I went with hole in shelf as HJ recommended. everything is rigid and well supported. By the way the drain was a tiny bit slower than I wanted (holding its own on full force warm)on first test with the pop up drain that came with it.. I wanted to...
  2. Rao

Is brass 1 1/4 extension a fluted end to a slip considered a "slip nut joint" since it is not "slipping" in? the codes I can find online seems to indicate this is not considered a slip as it is much more stable and does not create a rim collecting waste water. And looking at "in code" bottle...
  3. Rao

HJ, Thanks. As you can see nothing is assembled yet. they are just dry fit pics. So if I get you right, I cut that 45 double ended offset in half and and swap one end around so that all the slips are pointing in the direction of flow to prevent catching anything int the joint? This will look...
  4. Rao

Here is what got me into this problem. This was a simple revamp and re-tile with planned replacement of vanity and toilet wiht same dimensional items . So my plumbing consisted of replacing old multi-turn valves with new quarter turn stops on the sink and toilet supplies, and insuring toilet...
  5. Rao

OK, I have the offset 45 degree double slip 1 1/4 and some other parts. Does the following look good? Any glaring issues? note 1: I will cut this threaded tail from sink drain about 1 inch to give me 4 inches before first 45 note 2 and 3: I will replace bottom branch of p trap and use a new...
  6. Rao

Hey Terry, sorry for the links. I was jus looking for demonstration pics. I am not any kind of vendor pitching anything, you can see that from the links being from all over the place. I was just using google image to try and provide examples of possible solutions and parts used. When I looked...
  7. Rao

Hey Terry Thanks. A couple of problems with that. I don't know if you can see but the collar piece connecting the drain pipe from the wall to the first 90 degree down has only abut a quarter inch if I cut it. so I cant add anything there. I think I am ok with the trap as is . I don't want to...
  8. Rao

Friends, Thanks in advance for any help on this. This work needs to be code and sensible as I am selling this unit and it will inspected. Questions essentially comes down to if two 90 degree in a hand washing sink are allowed. I have remodeled a small half bath in my place. The plumbing seemed...
  9. Rao

Five items going to floor drain in second floor utility room

I can reduce washer drain pan to 3/4 as it is optional, but I can't reduce water heater drain from 1"
  10. Rao

proper cemennt/primer for CPVC on WH T&P

a) I see several types of cpvc cement. yelow, Orange, clear Anyone know the code complaint proper cement or cement/and primer for CPVC on WH T&P (not in potable system, but high temp).? b) Also I bought 3/4 cpvc, a bunch of 45 degree connectors, and cut and dry fit everything fo my t&P. I...
  11. Rao

Guys, my floor drain is about 5" diameter but the center opening is just about 2". Between the 5" and the 2" hole is an iron ring that is about 3/8" lower than floor level. I cannot see any way to remove this iron ring. It as a bit rusted but mainly I see no screws. It is early 70's...
  12. Rao

Thanks Terry I would not combine the T&P. with anything. I was going to use cpvc for that but I will go with copper because the OD is less even with same 3/4 Inner diameter. I was just wondering if there was a known code compliant trick of the trade to deal with this. My plumber is nice, but...
  13. Rao

Friends, I have a second floor utility room in my condo that I am working on bringing up to code. I am trying to deal with the floor drain and it has following five items to go to it: 1) Air handler primary drain pan 2) Air handler secondary drain pan 3) (electric) Water heater T&P 4) Water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks