Search results

1. Goat

Grease interceptor and commercial sink (oops)

thank you again sir for your response, this is actually for a friends own personal building where he has gatherings from time to time. I don't think it will get much use. I'm just trying to help, we tend to help each other when we can. the trap he has is a little under sized for the size of the...
  2. Goat

thanks for responding hj, are you talking about adding another vent after the grease trap before it ties into the sewer main? i thought about leaving it out because there's a vent down stream. i was able to look at it again and the vent on the sewer main is only about 3 1/2 feet away down stream...
  3. Goat

hi hj, was that in response to me. if so what would be the solution? another vent before the flow control tee vent? im real limited on space. I want to keep the smell down that's the reason for the trap on the indirect drain. its an above ground interceptor and there's no floor sink. what you...
  4. Goat

hi terry, great web site. I was wondering on installing a grease interceptor for a 3 compartment sink, would it be ok to have the 3 drains tied together draining with an air gap into a 3''x 2'' reducer with a 2'' p-trap going a short distance to a flow control tee and use the vent on the flow...
  5. Goat

Grease Interceptor "Trap" Clean-Out

thank you for your response, it is a lot of information. I will find out the model interceptor it is, since it has already been bought by the restaurant owner. but based on these post it seems no matter what type grease interceptor it is it must have all vents tied into the vent that goes out...
  6. Goat

yes. it is something like that however, I need to look it over better i never got a chance to open it i believe some that are shaped this way have a flow control built in. i'd like to hear what your thought are on it. thanks for your time cwhyu2.
  7. Goat

it is for cleaning pot and dishes but I was thinking that the code says that areas that clean utensils used for food also need an air gap
  8. Goat

thanks hj, so should I just have a 90 or long sweep coming out of the reducer ? can that vent made into the flow control tee, serve as the only vent on that piece going from the indirect coupling reducer to the grease interceptor? and do you have any ideas on how to vent the flow control without...
  9. Goat

im told that it is just for dishes but the dishes are for food so that's why I thought I'd add the gap
  10. Goat

thank you Smooky the info made me think about it a little more it probably would stink if the air gap was after the interceptor
  11. Goat

thank you. I agree. I realize I didn't mention the flow control
  12. Goat

thanks everyone for your responses. after some more thought on the subject i'm thinking of tying the drains together and running them over to a reducing coupling with a trap on it, creating my indirect air gap drain. from there a short piece going into a flow control valve tee. out the vertical...
  13. Goat

sorry to bother you im still learning how to use this page. my question is about a grease trap on a three compartment sink in NC. I was thinking I should be able to connect all three together on a 2'' line and connect them directly to the grease trap its less then a 30'' drop from the drain and...
  14. Goat

Bathroom DWV Layout

I'm new to forums so my formatting and ability to display images is poor. But I'd gladly take advice from anyone with coed abiding plumbing advice particularly at this time drains and venting. Any good links would be helpful. thank you for your time.
  15. Goat

Bathroom DWV Layout

hi terry, that's a great link '' Burt Polk's plumbing tips '' you think you could list some more comprehensive links relating to drain and venting coeds, I live in NC, if it matters.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks