Search results

1. KeithR

GE water heater controller voltage

So two new elements and we have hot again! Thanks for comments Rocket Scientist
  2. KeithR

OH yes! I just checked resistance. Top is 20K ohms & bottom is 7K ohms. (They are supposed to be the same!) Both are infinity to ground.
  3. KeithR

I think I need to study it a bit closer before jumping to conclusions. My first observation was with wires disconnected from both elements. I drained and re-fillled the tank. Now with the top element connected, there is zero voltage at the bottom element. Does the controller cycle back and...
  4. KeithR

Its a PE40T9CB00 Actually closer to 10 years old.
  5. KeithR

I have a 40 gal GE "Profile" "Smart" water heater, about 5 to 7 years old. Trying to trouble shoot shortage of HW,and discover voltage to the top element is 240v, but the bottom element is only getting 120V. Do I need to replace the top controller which feeds to the bottom one or is it meant...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks