Search results

1. barasingha

Replacing cast iron under slab

Thanks for the feedback. My re-plumb is now complete. Before I completely retire this thread I thought I'd post an action picture of one of the cores in progress. I also replaced both toilets with the Toto Drake (round) and have no complaints thus far. All that's left is to plug the...
  2. barasingha

Thanks for the response Terry. Would an air admittance valve work here or do you recommend going all the way to the roof? My concern is the reliability of the one way valves. What have your experiences been with them? Here is what I was thinking and the reason for my post. For all of...
  3. barasingha

I think we're getting off topic. I know what I am doing with the soil, slab, fill, etc. Coring through concrete is easy for me, too. I could really benefit from y'alls suggestions on my plumbing questions. I started this thread avoiding the whole tunnel concept as I thought it might spin...
  4. barasingha

How do you mean? I will use a level to maintain pitch starting from the clean-outs and pipe hangers to suspend/support pipe under slab. As said in my first post: I am not a plumber. Because of the last ten days you might consider me a digger though. My tunnels are 4'x3' and total to 100+'...
  5. barasingha

Just noticed you're from Arizona. Are no under-slab plumbing problems fixed from below slab tunnels there?
  6. barasingha

It is done by tunneling under the slab. I realize that slab on grade homes are not very common outside of the south, but this method (tunneling) is quite common here. It prevents having to bust up the floor and slab, which in my case would split the slab into four pieces. By tunneling, pipe...
  7. barasingha

Great forum. Longtime reader but first post. I am not a plumber but have done some plumbing. I have decided to replace the cast iron drains under my slab on grade house and could use some advice. All work will be done below slab, not thru floor. Instead of tying onto the old cast iron...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks