Search results

1. will2sail

Connecting PVC section to damaged Vertical Cast Iron of Different Diameter

One thing that confused me, not being a plumbing professional, was the "mission" coupling. It was not capitalized and I did not realize it was a brand. Initially I thought it was a type of coupling.
  2. will2sail

Thanks Terry. You are a gift to us unwashed trying to figure these things out. It wasn't easy, but I found a Mission coupling that I think will do the trick.
  3. will2sail

I contacted Fernco for recommendations and the two couplings they recommended are the unshielded ones that I am using.
  4. will2sail

Thanks for your comments. I did purchase a riser clamp and support the top section of cast iron (~3 feet) before cutting out the damaged area so that isn't an issue. I believe I would have had to order the mission fittings and my wife was not in a waiting mood with laundry piling up. I have...
  5. will2sail

I had an 80 year old section of cast iron split down the side. I cut out the section and planned to simply install a section of 4" PVC with no-hub couplings. I read that the proper couplings were those wrapped with metal. I tried to do this, but the cast iron is 4.25" and the PVC is 4.5". When I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks