Search results

1. Billyfixit

Vandalized well on fixer upper.

The motor/pump was installed in 98. The old conrol box was a redhat and the one I replaced it with was a redhat and virtually identacle. Neither box has a overload. I assumed that the motor has an overload and you said you belived so as well on page 2 of this thread. The breaker for it is 25A I...
  2. Billyfixit

cpvc destroyed

I bought a mobile home foreclosure fixer upper in central florida. No one has lived in it for 7 years. I got the well going and the cpvc throughout the underneath was split everywhere. It was also behind the underpinned insulation but still underneath the floor of the mobile home. Obviously it...
  3. Billyfixit

Hey guys.. just wanted to say thanks. I went with a 1 hp redhat controller and it worked fine. I did an amp draw and was looking at 6.1 amps per leg. Everything works just fine. It spewed out some muddy water for awhile but then was crystal clear. It holds pressure very well too. Talking to the...
  4. Billyfixit

Where to get White Diamond Bowl Cleaner?

Umm no..no troll. One of my plumber friends used that alot on the job, he died, and it could take a horrible toilet and make it like new in 15 mins or so. Also very good at cleaning out the blow hole in the toilet. Since hes gone, I have no access to it anymore and I have two toilets to clean...
  5. Billyfixit

Where to get White Diamond Bowl Cleaner?

... the awesome toilet bowl cleaner. Do you need a plumbers license to buy it? I live in central florida and went into a plumbers supply store and they never heard of it. Is there a known chain that sells it? Thanks in advance..
  6. Billyfixit

Thanks guys.. I'm going to go with a 1 hp crc control box and let the dice roll. Will post results or questions. Thanks again, really appreciate it.
  7. Billyfixit

Well I guess I could get the start cap tested. I tested it with a digital meter and it just read OL. Likely need an anolog to see if its OK although I know thats not going to tell me the micro farad rating but it would tell me if it can be tested. Took it to radio shack and they laughed. They...
  8. Billyfixit

So I took ohms messurement on the pump. It took quite awhile for the meter to settle down on all the readings. Is that normal? Anyway, here they are. red/yellow 13.6 red/black 15.8 black/yellow 5. I checked them all to ground and there was no reading. So what do you guys think...
  9. Billyfixit

I guess I could use the box but not the relay. It was full of water. The cover was taken off of it years ago when it was vandalized. Also, I don't want to buy a control box if its the wrong size. I won't be able to take it back and they're not cheap. I'll check ohm readings between the motor...
  10. Billyfixit

Heres the relay.. 35 amp. I didn't get a chance to ohm the pump yet as my meter wasn't working properly. Is it best to use an analog or digital meter to measure the motor. If the pump hasn't been started in 6 yerars do you think it still has a chance to run once I get the control stuff figured out?
  11. Billyfixit

I'm going up this weekend so I'll check. Thanks..
  12. Billyfixit

So do I check the black and then red motor wires to the yellow wire for ohms?
  13. Billyfixit

I couldn't get a single number off the black cap. Theres just nothing on it. Heres a pic. Its roughly 3 1/2" high X 1 1/4" wide if that helps.
  14. Billyfixit

I'll get it, thanks. Do you know what type of pressure switch I'ld need for a CRC control box or is there even a difference?
  15. Billyfixit

Hi everyone. Glad to be here. :) My g/f and myself just bought a house out in the country in central florida. We got a good deal on it but it has issues and needs many repairs. Nobody has been in the house since 07. The well is one issue I need to address right away and I'm hoping some of you...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks