Search results

1. rainy island

hydronic heat changes in bathroom reno

Its been a while since I started this thread, but I'm finally in a position to start my reno's. The advice I received here has been invaluable and helped focus my thinking. I did, however, have one question with respect to the best way to connect the towel rack heater into my system. To recap...
  2. rainy island

Thanks, I think your suggestion of extruded plates seems like the ticket. As an almost lifelong resident of Victoria, I can assure you its changed little in the past 30 years with the exception of a bunch more homes, a far better selection of Asian and Indian restaurants and a whole bunch more...
  3. rainy island

Interesting observations on Victoria weather....though I had to do a quick refresher on my C to F conversions.....I haven't had to think about those since we went metric up here in 1977 (though I defy you to find a Canadian who can truly understand fuel economy in something other than...
  4. rainy island

I appreciate that I'm likely overthinking this project and I agree that the easiest solution would be to install a hydronic towel bar and leave a baseboard in place. That said, my wife wants warm tiles, so I have to choose between underfloor hydronics or an electric radiant system. Judging by...
  5. rainy island

Dana, Following your excellent suggestions, I did my best to measure the total piping, els tees ect. and have arrived at the following: I have ~150 feet of 3/4 inch pipe in the zone, along with ~80 feet of baseboard and ~54 els. based on the primer you provided (and assuming the baseboards...
  6. rainy island

Dana, Thanks for the advice. you've given me a lot to think on and I'll do some more reading before I decide next steps. As always, I really appreciate the insight. Eric
  7. rainy island

Thanks Dana. I used your suggested parameters and came to the same conclusion....I would need equal btu/h output from both the floor and the towel rack if I want to replicate the current heating. After measuring the bays in the crawl, I believe I have room for about 54 linear feet of pex and...
  8. rainy island

Dana, Thanks very much for your detailed reply....its exactly what I need and I'll take some time to chew through the materials you provided and make the calculations! Incidentally, I have about 33 square feet of "heatable" floor (netting out the obstructions you mentioned), and the final stack...
  9. rainy island

I was hoping for some advice/insight to help me plan heating changes as part of my bathroom reno. The salient details are these....I apologize if I'm adding too much information: 1976 bungalow in Victoria BC....moderate climate with relatively few days below freezing. House has one-year...
  10. rainy island

tub shower combo drain/vent question

Thanks for the quick reply Terry. I agree that the additional cost is minimal. Not surprisingly, your advice makes a whole lot of sense. Thanks again Eric
  11. rainy island

tub shower combo drain/vent question

Hi there, I'm contemplating options for a bathroom renovation and was hoping to get some advice about drain/venting requirements for one of the potential scenarios. While a significant chunk of the job will be DIY, I plan to contract with a licensed plumber for the actual drain/venting...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks