Search results

1. Alternety

Weil McLain ECO 110 failed - I could use some help

I have been without heat for more than two weeks. It is really annoying. My wife is getting real annoyed with the snow blower in the living room. Configuration is a boiler driving one hot water tank with circulator, and three circulators for the house. In floor heating, circulator on initial...
  2. Alternety

Try water system again

A long time ago, in a place far away; I screwed up in making a water system. Recently I re-investigated what I had done and it is not useful. The biggest issue is the handling of various forms of Arsenic (0.017 mg/L). My report failed to differentiate 3 and 5 Arsenic. Original installation is...
  3. Alternety

Flushing large hydronic system - help needed

The house is large. Two floors and 3 outside areas. Boiler is a WM series 2 110 boiler. I have a large number of individually controlled loops. External links also need a good flushing. What I need to know is the best approach to drain and clean the system; then put in water and protective...
  4. Alternety

Need closeup photo of WM EVG 110 cable ends to main control box

Working with the boiler, someone seems to have misplaced the cable from the boiler computer to a little green PC board. That then goes to the display/control. I have the cable. Where it is is a different problem. For whatever reason, the cable got thrown in a couple of boxes of cables. A very...
  5. Alternety

Selection of reliability of deep pump

I am having another exercise with the well from Hell. My third Lorentz is dead. It sits at 550' (650' to bottom). Supplier thought it was the controller. I bought another controller - no. So I need another new pump. I have been without water for about 1.5 month. The water is free of sand or...
  6. Alternety

Selecting a shower system manufacturer

I am deep into over thinking a shower system. I posted earlier and Terry suggested Hansgrohe. That seemed to be a good choice. Then I started looking at different systems to see if that was the best solution. Since then I have been going around in circles. I have found a number of systems that...
  7. Alternety

Please help selecting a fixed and hand held shower implementation

I realize this is not a query of something broken. But with my headache and tired eyes from Googling, I am hoping this is an OK question. I have a walk in shower for my wife's bath. It was never finished. The walls are covered with cement board There is a rough-in for an obsolete Hansgrohe...
  8. Alternety

Can a WM EVG 110 be transported horizontally in the original packaging?

I have purchased a boiler, and the vendor says it will be delivered by a tractor trailer. No way will a tractor trailer get here and drop it a useful place. And then have to back up for 1/2 a mile. They suggest I meet the truck somewhere. If I can get it into a Honda CRV, it will work. My...
  9. Alternety

Circulator selection

I am tearing out my existing hydronic system in the boiler room. Short answer to why? Copper piping looks like crap because of bad batch of antifreeze and no support from crimp tool manufacturer or antifreeze manufacturer. Second Aluminum boiler core failure. Manifolds failing with no...
  10. Alternety

Please recommend a manifold brand

The manifolds in my system no longer have support. The manufacturer no longer has parts available. I am considering replacing the manifolds because I have no choice. For a projected lifetime of a manifold, I would have thought a manufacturer would have been more supportive of their own product...
  11. Alternety

Replace compressor in Northland Freezer

This is the same post I made in another site. I am using a bit of a shotgun approach to finding a solution. I have a fridge and freezer. Fridge unit replaced a couple of years ago. Now Freezer seems to be giving up the ghost. The freezer is running but not getting sufficiently cold. Northland...
  12. Alternety

Hydronic system losing water

Short question; I have to go out now. I have a Wiel-Mclain Ultra v2. I believe it is the 105. If necessary, what would be the best replacement for it?
  13. Alternety

Please consolidate info on Grundfos MQ3-45

I have spent hours trying to figure out the issues involved. I am confused. I am working on this for a friend. He has a Grundfos MQ3-45 pressure pump. The pump is cycling at a short interval when water is being used. It is not clear to me, from much reading, how that pump actually functions. But...
  14. Alternety

Wire sizes seem odd on light controller

I am replacing an Insteon relay controller. It is smart and has 8 possible buttons, but only one runs the relay for the load. The odd thing I see is the wire sizes. There are 3 wires. Hot, neutral, and load (+gnd). Hot and load are a fairly large gauge, #12. But the neutral is very small. Using...
  15. Alternety

Recommendations for variable speed/pressure pump for radiant system

The system was originally designed for a circualtor that would adjust to demand from individual loop flows in the system. The system is for a fairly large square footage. A good part of the area that can be heated is not. Only about 40% is actually heated (excludes basement, garage, and a...
  16. Alternety

Spirovent problems

I have several Spirovent units in my heating system. They are generally leaking water from the vent. One unit is spitting out a great deal of water. It is positioned directly over the boiler and the associated wiring. It originally had a cap on the vent to "fix" that, which of course made it...
  17. Alternety

Problem with Tekmar controls for radiant heating - not a new installation

Heating system about 12 years old W-M version Ultra 80 Series 2 Tekmar' 3 X 369, 262, Thermostats around the house These are all TN1 versions. Low water sensor - works as designed. Does not interfere with making DHW. Temperature sensor on pipe - probably works as designed. Does not cut off DHW...
  18. Alternety

Hydronic system stopped working

The system has run for 10+ years. Two days ago it stopped. Floor heat may have been off for a few days. The house seemed chilly, but I did not go downstairs and look at the boiler sytem at the time. System - Weil-McLain Ultra-80 Series 2 boiler. Tekmar Zone control 369, boiler control 262...
  19. Alternety

Getting from a John Guest tubing system to a compression fitting for faucet

I am putting a water filter under a bath cabinet. I believe I have everything handled, except the transition from John Guest 3/8" tubing and the compression fittings used to connect to the faucet feed. I am just not figuring out what part to provide the transition. What I bought is not a...
  20. Alternety

Building under counter filter system and confused about interface to house water

I am putting together a drinking water filter. It will feed a household 1/2" Copper pipe that is available in a number of places. I think I have it figured out, but the interface between the filter parts and the house water system has me a bit confused. Too many thread types. Input is from a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks