Search results

1. Alternety

Replace compressor in Northland Freezer

Just for amusement - I am now up to 5; and one spare. When they show up.
  2. Alternety

Weil McLain ECO 110 failed - I could use some help

fitter 30 - you seem to understand the P13 thing Note that the controller currently installed is a new board. I do not think the original controller is really broken - just messing with me. So far the issue seems to be around the 4 pin square for connection the LWC and the orange connector...
  3. Alternety

fitter - I have the new controller installed. It did not come with P13 installed. Neither did the original. The manual shows a couple of stubs, but I do not believe they were ever there. My guy checked all the wires and devices in the boiler. The only thing remaining we can think that may be...
  4. Alternety

Yet more. We are having fun here. The boiler guy and I put in the new controller. It is simply a bunch of plug-in cables. Cables have all been checked end to end (for the second time) to insure integrity. No problems detected. Note that this is not a new installation. It is several years old...
  5. Alternety

The ECO manual. Nothing works. My boiler guy found a controller, and says the controller is out for delivery today. Screen not available for several weeks. I am not sure what impact that display may have if it is part of the problem. There could well be a different problem. A couple of days...
  6. Alternety

Thanks. I have the manuals. I am just not able to follow the recipe. Working with the screen is not suitable to my old eyes. And is not really easy for my installer. Simply turning on the room light is enough to make things very difficult. The change in colors is a disaster. How could someone...
  7. Alternety

I have been without heat for more than two weeks. It is really annoying. My wife is getting real annoyed with the snow blower in the living room. Configuration is a boiler driving one hot water tank with circulator, and three circulators for the house. In floor heating, circulator on initial...
  8. Alternety

Try water system again

I have found another potential material for As removal that may be better than MetSorb® HMRP. It is Isolux Arsenic Removal Technology. Any thoughts on comparing these two? Advantages? Just a note: It is so annoying to deal with assorted trade names and variances. Figuring out what is actually...
  9. Alternety

Try water system again

Will an RO device remove As (3/5) in raw water?
  10. Alternety

Try water system again

Just a reiteration of target removal. As (III and V), Iron, and Manganese, and Copper are critical. These materials are the primary problem. A university lab generated that list and flagged these items needing to be removed. Appropriate treatment must be included in any device dealing with...
  11. Alternety

Try water system again

I am trying to understand how to use the site. I am not sure what I try actually works. I have set up a private conversation on my account for the two providing assistance. There are so many alternatives out there. A number of the possible products hide information and want a new customer...
  12. Alternety

Try water system again

The RO system being delivered seems to be a decent component. Yes I did look at many devices and talk to providers. Not exciting. I am leaving intact the existing filter system. If I can get one or two MetSorb filters into the existing system; I am good until a whole house system. It is quick...
  13. Alternety

Try water system again

Could you possibly tell me what you are saying?
  14. Alternety

Try water system again

Thank you for your input. Background - there is a "not very good" under cabinet unit in the house. This unit was a mistake. Absolutely no information. Simple system. I am taking that out. I should have a new and much more complete system today or tomorrow. That is done just for drinking water...
  15. Alternety

Try water system again

I had a thought. I have been scouring the internet trying to find a relatively inexpensive set of test strips just for As V and As 3. Anyone know of a source. It would be very helpful information for knowing what I need to do.
  16. Alternety

Try water system again

The Maytag is a Models MWF4500AWS. I have never been able to find a replacement nano filter; and I have no idea what condition it is in. If I had a filter I would leave it where it is and add other filtration. But I don't have it so, it can be ignored as a pre-filter and removed. I only have a...
  17. Alternety

Try water system again

A long time ago, in a place far away; I screwed up in making a water system. Recently I re-investigated what I had done and it is not useful. The biggest issue is the handling of various forms of Arsenic (0.017 mg/L). My report failed to differentiate 3 and 5 Arsenic. Original installation is...
  18. Alternety

Flushing large hydronic system - help needed

I have faucets on the piping pretty much over all of the piping. All of the manifolds have a hose fixture for draining. I tend to over design. The manifolds have individual valves which can be operated manually to flush one loop at a time. House (well) water can feed from the basement and...
  19. Alternety

Flushing large hydronic system - help needed

Hi, I brought this post down to continue the details. Nice information. This system has had a long and terrible history. There are fluids in the system that need to be cleaned out. There are some unused circuits that are filled with an older material which needs to be removed. All other piping...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks