Search results

1. Boilermaker27

plumbing vent

I am working on a basement bathroom. Rough in plumbing is already there, as is a 1 1/2 pvc vent line coming through the floor overhead and ending in a stub. I cannot connect the vent line to the stub because the floor joists are running in the wrong direction and to do so would put the vent...
  2. Boilermaker27

Freestanding toilet paper holder

I am finally getting this project underway and have a question about the toilet paper holder. I am using a bathtub and managed to get about 15 1/2 inches from the center of the toilet to the bathtub, and that within plumbing code. To the left of the toilet I plan to put in a pedestal sink, so...
  3. Boilermaker27

new bathtub

I was wrong, the bathtub is Kohler.
  4. Boilermaker27

new bathtub

One other question. I went to Home Depot and talked with a retired union plumber. He told showed me what I needed to do to set the trap under the bathtub, he also told me that when I get done not to fill the concrete box with concrete, but rather just leave the gravel and perhaps cover it to...
  5. Boilermaker27

Cast iron bathtub and backer board

I finally made up my mind and decided to go with a new cast iron bathtub from Lowes, Kohler and it was on sale for $269, I think they wanted to get rid of it. Anyway, looking at the tub after I took off the wooden crate top I noticed there was not a very large flange around the back and two...
  6. Boilermaker27

new bathtub

thanks for the reply, I went with the cast iron Kohler, don't think I can go wrong plus don't have to bust up any concrete.
  7. Boilermaker27

new bathtub

Tom, I agree, why go cheap and cheaply made?
  8. Boilermaker27

new bathtub

I have tried every way to install a shower in my roughed in area in the basement. No matter how I lay it out it just won't work. The contractor installed roughed in plumbing for a bathtub and it looks like I will have to put in a bathtub. My question is quick and easy. There are three types...
  9. Boilermaker27

trap in line

I have attached a picture of my new plan to try and get a shower rather than a bathtub in this bathroom. The line in the boxed in pit is a two inch line for sure, I cut the line to listen to sound of running water and also shone a flashlight down it just to see if I could see any resemblance of...
  10. Boilermaker27

trap in line

I had previously posted about this and now just want a little bit of clarification. The picture shows the roughed in plumbing in my basement, I plan to put in a shower rather than a bathtub, the large 3" pvc pipe is intended for the stool, It is located 48" from the concrete wall, the small 2"...
  11. Boilermaker27

plumbing rough in

That makes sense about the trap, I will put one in under the shower. I currently have two lines from my water softener going into that two inch line.I don't think the toilet will be an issue. I plan to move the shower down toward the buckets which will enable me to leave plenty of room...
  12. Boilermaker27

plumbing rough in

I kind of figured the same with the 2" line and do plan on putting it in the wall. The line in the pit is for a bathtub, but I plan on putting in a shower instead which means I have to move the line. I don't think that after I stud in the wall that there will be much room between the shower...
  13. Boilermaker27

plumbing rough in

I have a house that was built in 2004, I am in the process of getting ready to build a bathroom in the basement. The basement has a concrete floor and it also has roughed in plumbing. There are two pvc pipes sticking up through the concrete, one is a 4" pipe for the stool, fourteen inches...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks