Search results

1. bulldogcreative

Toto Shower Valve

Help me please. I had ToTo send me a new valve. Nothing worked with the replacement parts they sent me. i put the new valve in and lo and behold - no water! So i do not know what happened or what is going on. There is water getting to the valve - that i checked.. Put with the water fully on...
  2. bulldogcreative

Toto Shower Valve

so here's an update. Via the TOTO slow mail train i received a new pressure spool and new seat and spring sets. Still nothing. No water, etc. However, I did what you said and the water flows freely without the cartridge. I can't figure out what is wrong at all (FWIW I also opened up the water...
  3. bulldogcreative

Toto Shower Valve

ok - so as I understand - and by process of elimination - 1) If the stop valves, once removed, have water coming through the holes where they are seated - the water flow is fine. 2) If the stop valves, once in place, have only little to no water coming through on one side (hot or cold) - the...
  4. bulldogcreative

Toto Shower Valve

Update - I received a new stop valve from TOTO. Which I replaced (this was the HOT feed) However when I put it in, there was little to no flow from the COLD side. Hmmm I reversed them and put the new one in the cold side, the old one on the hot side - hot side is fine, but cold trickles...
  5. bulldogcreative

Toto Shower Valve

So i phoned toto too - they said to try the screw to the left (the one that stops the flow of hot water - open it all the way the close it a quarter turn. Did this and it's still the same. I also removed the pressure balance spool- it was clean. This is what happens (see video)...
  6. bulldogcreative

Toto Shower Valve

Hi -- it's a TOTO nexus control valve. If it is the pressure balance spool - how do you take this out and clean it?
  7. bulldogcreative

Toto Shower Valve

Now that was weird... Working fine yesterday - today little to no hot water. Turning the lever from cold to hot, it "clicks" half way and the hot water is reduced to a trickle at best. Hot water and hot water pressure is fine everywhere else. Can this be repaired or do i have to replace the...
  8. bulldogcreative

Moving Laundry to garage...what to do? what to remember?

I as ASSUMING that the existing sink is trapped and vented as a single sink. I can CONFIRM this with a picture. I am fairly certain, though, that is can be tapped in to.
  9. bulldogcreative

I have thought of this and you would be correct - this is pretty temperate for climate. I have never experienced a frost that has caused problems IN the garage - certainly for exposed/exterior wall pipes, but not for the inside of my garage. It is also somewhat heated.
  10. bulldogcreative

Hi Terry - thanks for the reply. I am assuming if i install a new trap for the sink i intend to put in the garage i will need to vent it. But i also assume i can use this same trap for the waste for the washer. Also, I do not understand what "reventing" is - would it be like this? if yes...
  11. bulldogcreative

Hi Dj2 - The dryer is electric - and yes, i have considered a new dryer vent through the roof and since it's a rancher will be vented through the soffit as it is now. So you are saying that the new sink in the garage will need a vent too? I am assuming I can tie this in to an existing vent...
  12. bulldogcreative

Hi - first of all a thanks in advance for anyone's help here. The Situation - We currently have our laundry room adjacent to the garage. I'd like to turn this laundry room into a butler's pantry by moving the Washer/Dryer to the garage along with the laundry sink. Once that is done, a new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks