Search results

1. Jbrady555

Horrible pee smell coming from toilet bowl please help

I do have a under the house access very close to the toilet plumbing.
  2. Jbrady555

Thanks for the info, I'm not concerned with transitioning to the other rooms since all the floors need to be redone. I'm just starting with the bathroom since I have the toilet issues. Eventually they will all be the same, at least on that side of the house. I am concerned with what your saying...
  3. Jbrady555

thanks for the post, your explanation really sounds like what I'm dealing with. The floor is pretty bad just around the toilet but I really don't want to tear it all the way back to the joists. Is there some kind of sealant I can use to just seal the old stuff in time and drop the new 3/4"...
  4. Jbrady555

well I got all the tile pulled up and the floor is pretty rough looking around the toilet only suggesting some pretty bad leakage. I'm leaving the toilet where its at until I got the new one and the material for the new subfloor. No since in getting to far ahead to where I can't used the...
  5. Jbrady555

thanks alot, I'm glad I found this place. I'm sure its gonna take some of the headache out of my DIY projects. I just can't fathom paying a arm and a leg to let professionals work on a 1964 model mobile home. I'd rather do it myself
  6. Jbrady555

Zeolac, can I find that at Ace, or Lowes? Walmart? I've never seen or used it.
  7. Jbrady555

well this project just got real, lol, I started tearing floor tile out about 30 minutes ago. Wife is out of town so this is as good a time as any. Once I got to the back of the bowl a few of the tiles smelled of urine a little. Sub floor is in rough shape in some places but I'm not too...
  8. Jbrady555

thanks for the reply. If the smell is due to poor aim I don't understand why its coming up through the water in the bowl and sticking to the bottom of the toilet seat. Seems like peeing on the outside of the toilet wouldn't contribute to my problem. I agree with what your saying about the...
  9. Jbrady555

Also after reading a similar thread to mine further down the list I checked my toilet seat for the bad smell. It is definitely saturated with the same smell from the bowl, but its not the source of the smell. The water and bowl still have the strongest smell. Its a relatively new seat too...
  10. Jbrady555

Hello all I am desperate to find out why my toilet stinks so bad. Wife and myself just moved into a new home and we noticed a foul old pee smell coming from the toilet when the water was disturbed from usage or flushing. She would clean the toilet every 3-5 days and the smell would stay away...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks