Search results

1. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

Hi All, Background: - South Florida 3 story town home. 18 years old. - I am renovating the master bath on the 3rd floor. - All the copper pipes, shower valve, and some of the DWV pipes are on exterior cinderblock walls. - I have access from below to the toilet and double lavs pipes. - I...
  2. Arnav

Watco 901 Drain Question

Hi, I am installing a Watco 901 drain in a Kaldewei Cayono 5ft tub (link). The tub comes with a thin rubber washer for the overflow drain (see pic). The drain comes with a thick foam washer (see pic). I am assuming both meant to fulfill the same purpose. It seems like the Kaldewei rubber...
  3. Arnav

Did I measure the faucet inlet connector correctly?

Hi, Did I measure the faucet inlet connector correctly? That is, given the attached picture, I would need a supply valve with a 1/2" O.D. Compression Outlet right? Thx!
  4. Arnav

What are these tabs/clips and where can you get them?

Hi, I saw these tabs/clips here in one of the threads. What are they called and where can you get them please? I am installing a Kaldewei tub which has a nice large square foam underneath (so thinking to skip the mortar), but these look like a good addition. Thanks for the help
  5. Arnav

Arrester questions

Hi, I will be renovating a 3rd floor bathroom on the opposite side of the wall in the attached picture. 1. I don't have any hammering noises, but I am assuming it is worth using the opportunity to replace the air chamber arresters with vacuum sealed ones (for both the shower and the sink)...
  6. Arnav

Tub overflow and drain that will allow a hair catcher?

Hi All, I hope you are well. I ordered a Kaldewei Cayono tub and looking for a pvc drain and overflow with a modern trim. With a lady and 2 girls in the house, a hair catcher is a must. The current strainer constantly has to be cleaned so I am The really hesitant to install a drain that will...
  7. Arnav

Water Heater Replacment

A few WH questions. Info: - 3 story townhome - WH is in the garage - The current one is a 50 Gal 4500/4500-Watt StateSelect WH - The WH feeds of two 25A breakers - As a family of 5 we never run out of hot water even back to back - The system is open The questions: 1. Is it worth going to a...
  8. Arnav

Sink Installation Instructions

Hi, I am installing an Adornus sink that came without installation instructions. 1. For a pop-up drain (see pic) that comes with two soft white rubber (silicone??) washers you don't use putty or silicone for the drain flange right? Just tighten the flange with the sink between the two...
  9. Arnav

Toto Aquia II - Rough-in Problem

Hi, Tiling hasn't finished, but I figured I'll dry fit my Aquia II for kicks. I searched the forum and saw that Terry was able to install the Aquia II on a 11.5" rough in and even an 11" rough-in. I wonder how you do it Terry. My rough in is 11.25". If I "cheat" by moving the bolts and...
  10. Arnav

Convert copper pipes from tub/shower to shower?

Hi, What would be the best way to convert these cooper pipes from a tub/shower to a shower (see pic)? 1. Cut the vertical pipes before the rough-in valve and use a coupler with additional pipe to reach the desired height? Presumably this will require taking out the stud so a pipe cutter can...
  11. Arnav

Where can I find 24" Linear Drain online?

Does anyone know where I can find a 24" Linear Drain online? - I was going to use HD Luxe line but the smallest one is 26". - I looked at the ACO ones but the smallest one is 27". - - I don't like the grate pattern on the Novalinea line. - I am doing a traditional mud pan so I can't use the...
  12. Arnav

Steps to flip up sink's drainage pvc pipe

Hi, I am finishing retiling a small bathroom and starting to plan ahead for the new vanity installation. The p-trap overlaps the drawer which I would like to avoid cutting. I am thinking of using an s-trap instead a little higher to avoid having to cut the drawer. What would be the...
  13. Arnav

Inside of toilet PVC pipe has cut marks - an issue?

In the process of taking out a 4" all plastic PVC toilet flange for the first time I left a few cut marks on the inside of the pipe from the saw I used to cut the "quarters." I should have cut less. Taking it out with a chisel was not a problem so there was really not a reason to cut more vs...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks