Search results

1. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

Hi, Context: a Delta R10000-UNBX value 1. The ones I sweat before, to close off the bottom inlet, i used a short pipe and a cap. This valve is within a cinderblock wall so I don't have a lot of extra room. Can you use a 1/2" copper plug instead of a pipe + cap? 2. 1/2" copper street...
  2. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

Yeah, both Lavs are getting an AAV as shown in these posts: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/master-bath-renovation.95140/page-5#post-694242 https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/master-bath-renovation.95140/page-5#post-694314
  3. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

Does this looks OK for the tub's supply valve (a Delta R4700-FL)? The copper is just dry fitted. I originally wanted a different layout that had both pipes next to each other, but realized that the hot-cold pipes need to cross each other between the tub's and shower supply values since they are...
  4. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

The copper pipes for Lav 1 and Lav 2 They are not connected to the main supply lines yet. Nail plates are not shown but will be added.
  5. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

And finally both lavs + shower + tub drainage in the crawl space (and where lav 1 wet vent the WC). Now I know why plumbers like ABS. There is no purple primer to make for messy pictures. :)
  6. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

The right lav wet venting the tub and shower before going down to the crawl space. The right branch from the wye towards the shower is not cemented yet so it should be ignored.
  7. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

Hi, Just to catch-up the thread to the latest and then a question... The two Lav's DWV. The pipes are only temporarily being held so that minor adjustments can be made when the sink is delivered (hopefully in two weeks). I'll then fully strap them to the wall. Since the picture was...
  8. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

Hi, Is 3/4" gap enough between 3/4" hot and cold copper pipes? They are going in front of dry-walled furring strips. If so, I'll protect them with 5" nail plates. Thx!
  9. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

roger roger. Thx!
  10. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

Hi, In general, is it better to clamp where the fitting meets the pipe or the pipe itself? Thx!
  11. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

Which make sense since the diaphragm is right above the threads. So it can be generalized to say: 4" from the top of the trap pipe to the AAV diaphragm (which is most likely right above the threads but may vary depending on the AAV).
  12. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

And finally how it all comes together to join the main 3" pipe. It looks like pipe are touching but they are not. There is at least 0.5" between them. It would have been easier to have the 2" pipe from lav 2 join before the WC, but as you explained than I need a 3" pipe since it would wet...
  13. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

1.5" wet vent from AAV1 --> Lav 1 -> (and eventually the WC)
  14. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

Hi, Here is the dry fitted layout in the crawl space. I thought I am not going to have enough height for proper pitch but have plenty. I was able to put 10' long pipes in there due to the 24" OC trusses. I can't imagine doing it with 16" OC. The next few posts go from upstream to...
  15. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

Oh wow. these are cool. Didn't know they existed. Redoing the pipes within the existing joists will be a pain and these may come in handy. I am just about to remove whole bunch of ceiling drywall so I can access the crawl space.
  16. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

I am an idiot. The tee and pipe in the crawl space is 3" not 4". You win! :D I see a trip to HD in my future. On the bright side, it does make things much easier (e.g. the Lav's 1.5" transition straight to a 3" bushing) ;) EDIT: It is weird, the WC pipe and flange is 4" and the builder...
  17. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

Great point/tip. I didn't think about it. will do. With the layout finalized, I'll - Make sure I don't hit any joists below - Nail down the sub-floor - Cut holes for the p-traps - Demo the ceiling below so that I have access and work on the layout in the crawl space leading to the 4" main...
  18. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

Fair enough. So here is the final dry-fitted (and obviously not fully inserted) layout going from Lav2 and wet venting the tub then the shower (as advised earlier in the thread). I made a new hole through the sub-floor half way between the tub's drain and the shower's drain. The 2x4 donates...
  19. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

Good eye. The 90 on the right by the floor is long. The 90 by the trap arm is not. A long one eats too much into the limited space for the arm (making a repeat of Lav1). I was going to ask if I can transition from a sweep 1.5" elbow to a 2" pipe right after the turn but I think that is...
  20. Arnav

Master Bath Renovation

So the 4" pipe is obviously not readily reachable in the crawl space. It is right above a focal point (a big projection screen) so I rather not add an access panel. Does this transition from Lav2 to the raised platform looks right? I wanted to show you before I cut into furring strips and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks