Search results

1. mikekay

Water Softener Trouble Shooting,

I cannot put 10 ft of plumbing in between that room isn't even 3 ft big. Im not too too worried about the warm water, my water doesn't get that hot. But might put a temperature regulator inbetween for the future, Im guessing that was the cause of the deterioration in the first place. But I will...
  2. mikekay

what are the repercussions of just setting the damn float lower and being done with it, ie at 8"-9" of water. Because at 50 dollars roughly shipping wait times etc, I could get a 460i timer thats metered and would bring my overall cost on the system to about 300 which isn't THAT bad. All things...
  3. mikekay

Gary to the rescue! I did check the ball in the drain line flow that is there because I found a ball on the ground. Now I had 2 other autorol's open at the time so I figured it was out of one of them. And that was the reason for checking the drain ball. The salt dial my memory is somewhat...
  4. mikekay

But I help the flappers and still the same issue is there -- I will replace them from a newer autotrol I have kicking around. Flip them as well,,, This is crazy. :(
  5. mikekay

Already is on lowest setting, doesn't appear to change the water fast rinse/ rapid rinse situation...
  6. mikekay

***Sorry, air check does come down at the end of the tank stage when it leaves about 2" of water in the tank.
  7. mikekay

If you look at the link it will confirm its clean. I took all check balls, out and cleaned except aircheck. The ball in the aircheck never comes down and rinses fine. Everything works fine. The brine refill is just too fast -- I dont know why it fills the water so fast. Now if I forgot to put it...
  8. mikekay

Not an airleak, just refills way too much water, and brine-ing stage is fine draws for entire time of the timer. just adds too much water before brine slow rinse about 4 inches, and then during fast refill usually will max it out (float will trigger inside brine tank) or on second regen that...
  9. mikekay

Read all three posts before post. :) It draws fine for a bit then drops, before tanks empty. But nothing is clogged in the Brine assy. But after a regen the assy will lift (partially) float. I pop the top cap open and it sinks again. Sounds like air somewhere just not sure where if its on the...
  10. mikekay

Can someone help with with why my tank is filling with too much water, when it started with no water, every regen it creeps up AUTOTROL 255 1-Cuft Tank Pictures: http://db.tt/92iWzKsH Problem(s): No soft water coming from softener(fixed?), Then brine level rising Looked at: Valve...
  11. mikekay

Bath to Tile Shower Conversion

Searched high and low in my pictures but couldn't find one. It was a rubber liner that we used and concrete bed. I have a picture prior to doing it, but not while doing it. Thanks for the reply I will take a shower in it tonight and try and show you were the water is standing and a detail of...
  12. mikekay

I should shove a ball in the drain right? And fill it to an inch and see water escapes. Why do you want to see a picture of the flood test? I have another problem, I've silicone everything and only have one small leak in the corner @ glass frame no biggy. But because of the awesome design (not)...
  13. mikekay

Just wanted to post the final result of my shower, Thank you for the help John. It's nice to know that there are still some people out there willing to help out. Not completely there, but alot of it done, and couldn't look better. Counters and sink/faucet up next! Thanks again!
  14. mikekay

This is awesome advice. Thank you so much Terry. You've made me realize things I would have realized on a day when I'm just trying to move ahead with the project and would have kept getting 'stuck', and we all know thats not fun. Tucked corner, Pig ear, got it -- those are the easy parts no :)...
  15. mikekay

Sorry and one more question for the connection @ bottom of clamp drain to cut off ptrap pipe up. Would I just use a rubber quick connect with 2 clamps at top and bottom? Do I put anything on the inside of the rubber? plumbers putty or glue? Thanks again! Huge help! GSR - Geoff referred me to...
  16. mikekay

Thanks for the reply, the only walls that are not mine are: top and bottom, and far 5ft wall that runs parallel to the 'lip'. I will lay durock over the 2x4 and also lay it with membrane. I have seen this and I know its not standard practice it will suffice. But just for next time what is the...
  17. mikekay

Hello, I've read some of the posts on the this and really love the feel and advice. So I thought I would join. Although I've read as much as I could I haven't found something that directly described my situation but have definitely gained some insight. I live in an apartment and own, we have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks