Search results

1. noone

How can I unclog a CPVC water supply pipe?

I realize that now. Turns out I had a seriously blonde moment. When I reconnected the dual filter filtration system underneath the sink, I didn't plumb back in the output of the filters to the refrigerator line. I thought it was just an extra hot water pipe underneath there...... Now I know...
  2. noone

How can I unclog a CPVC water supply pipe?

I seem to have an issue with the supply pipe to my refrigerator. It is clogged. I have removed the gate valve and verified it's in working order. With the valve off the pipe, I can turn on the water to the house and nothing, not even a trickle comes out of this pipe. It was working fine...
  3. noone

Kinetico Model 60 not automatically regenerating

I can buy parts from the counter here. I have the manuals too which directed me to this question. I just was hoping someone with Kinetico experience could tell me if my regen start pawl in the pic is broken or if that is how it normally looks.
  4. noone

Kinetico Model 60 not automatically regenerating

I just put a Kinetico Model 60 back in service a week ago by manually regenerating both tanks. The age of the unit is unknown, but we bought the house in 2011 and the house was built in 1996. I had soft water for about a week and things were working great until yesterday when the water...
  5. noone

Two 50 gallon LP or one 199K tankless LP water heaters?

Interesting Dana. Thanks. I tested with a box fan on high sitting on top of the current water heater and could hear it through the insulated wall rather faintly, but I think that it is 75 db. I wonder how much difference 65 to 75 db is? I'm really probably over thinking this and should...
  6. noone

I wish I could hear the Steibel Eltron in person. If I buy this and it turns out its too loud, it's going to be tough to haul this up to Home Depot to return, but at least I have that option. Online, it says that 65 decimals is 10 times louder than 55 decibels. If true, that sounds like a lot!
  7. noone

I found a YouTube video which showed how loud one of these heat pump types of water heaters can be. Way too loud for me. i'm not sure I can have something like that against a wall where a baby will be sleeping. If it was on the other side of the garage......maybe. The way I see it's...
  8. noone

So I have been looking for several hours for bad reviews of the Stiebel Eltron Accelera300. I can't find ANY. In fact, I even found a comment from a plumber that said they are well built like a Porsche, which does seem believable since it is German engineered. There aren't tons of reviews out...
  9. noone

I like your thinking Dana. First off- I'm now strongly thinking about getting into a single 85 gallon system without a recirc pump. My only concern is the additional 45 foot hot water pipe run that will be needed to reach the 3 bathrooms. How much longer is 45 feet going to add to my wait...
  10. noone

I'm talking about going down from 2 gas water heaters to 1 single 80 gallon hybrid electric. Therefore I would need to get hot water from the new 80 gallon to where the old hot water heater was to service that side of the house. Am I missing something here? I would assume that that 45 feet of...
  11. noone

Ok, the idea that I can save almost $960/year is really starting to grow on me. I mean, what's not to like?? I can essentially recoup the extra cost of this single unit in 1-1.5 years **and** get $300 back from Uncle Sam for going green. Questions i'm hoping can be answered: Does anyone know...
  12. noone

Good point. The 50 gallon in the attic upstairs serves 3 full baths, one of which is the master and has a garden tub. We do plan on upgrading this master with body sprays and a rainshower. Currently, this shower has just two sprays. Occasionally, 3 showers may be in use at once, but...
  13. noone

Interesting food for thought there Dana. So are you saying buy the 80 gallon unit and install in the garage and also run pipe to connect to the attic hot water branch, + add recirc pump and recirc line? I also have to consider the added cost of adding a new breaker and 240amp service to the...
  14. noone

Great discussion here. My tanks are currently 17+ years old. They aren't leaking, but they sound like a gun fight while they are recovering, due to the hard water build up that probably covers the bottom of these tanks. I live in North Florida, so no basements, just in-slab / in-wall CPVC...
  15. noone

I have a plumbing problem for you. A house currently has 2 50 gallon LP tanks which service the house as shown in the attached pic. The home has 2 adults and one baby on the way with the occasional in-law overnight guests. We are looking into replacing the 2 50 gallon LP tanks with a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks