Search results

1. nate81

New house came with a Rainsoft Water Softener and....

I wonder how long we can keep this thread going?
  2. nate81

Where was the post that someone helped me set up my control valve timers at? Everything got so diverted with testing and this and that....thanks for those that helped, but you still cannot deny there was some nonsensical, judgmental, bullshit going on in this thread. Hell, the very first reply...
  3. nate81

You are useless to me, thank for participating but you're free to go now. So I was told that the caustic soda and aluminum sulfate were injected into the water and left to sit in the retention tank long enough for the iron to fall out ...then the water was to pass through the carbon bed and...
  4. nate81

Like what? He explained exactly what my current setup does and why i no longer need it. He is coming back tomorrow at noon.
  5. nate81

So the water guy just left.....i have very little iron, he found 12 for a water hardness, where mine showed around 8....and my ph was around 5 or so. He said i do not need the chemfeed system or retention tank anymore. He's going to replace the carbon bed with some sort of acid bed which will...
  6. nate81

My well and filtration system is all setup outdoors actually AT the well head...so if i were to install a paper filter like you said it would filter everything in my house including outside spigots...is there a reason to exclude them? Or just because its not really needed on a outdoor water...
  7. nate81

My well and filtration system is all setup outdoors actually AT the well head...so if i were to install a paper filter like you said it would filter everything in my house including outside spigots...is there a reason to exclude them? Or just because its not really needed on a outdoor water...
  8. nate81

Its leaving brown stuff...if you fill a large clear container with our water...its got a very noticeable brown tinge. I seriously do not think its iron...its just dirt, we have a shallow bored well.
  9. nate81

I've had it set up for a week or two now with this guy....i took off work for it and everything, i kinda have to stick with what i got....any special things i should be asking him or asking him to do while he's here? I feel that this water softening shit is just a huge hype...i mean I'm sure...
  10. nate81

I've had it set up for a week or two now with this guy....i took off work for it and everything, i kinda have to stick with what i got....any special things i should be asking him or asking him to do while he's here? I feel that this water softening shit is just a huge hype...i mean I'm sure it...
  11. nate81

Its all Rainsoft...and this is the only dearer in my area...and these people are 45 minutes away at that.
  12. nate81

Service call is going to be $145...if i wanna dump carbon its gonna be *i think she said * $375 Everything is in bypass...but we're getting grime/dirt in our toilets and showers. We'd like install new fixtures, but dont want to ruin them with our dirty water. I'm having him come back out to...
  13. nate81

They told me that the carbon bed needs to be dumped every 2-3 years and that I may be due...it'll be $200 to 'dump'. Sounds like a lot of money just to get rid of a smell.
  14. nate81

Having the professional come out next Wednesday....he's going to test my water, turn my system back on and answer any questions I have on the operation of what I got. Anything important I should be asking? It was verified that i do have a 'carbon bed'...anyone explain in lamens terms what...
  15. nate81

Do you think there could be an issue of the beads getting toxic or dangerous to us....the system has been off for a while now.....would turning it back on suddenly somehow introduce whatever crap was resting on those beads into our house?
  16. nate81

I'm assuming you mean savvy. Your comments are not helpful and totally unnecessary. Even though you have such a judgmental disposition, i don't feel i need to explain but will anyways....we were first time home buyers, i'm sure you have some idea of how overwhelming it can be to be...
  17. nate81

I'm looking for help on turning my water softener back on. I intend on bypassing the other equipment until I can afford a full water test like you recommend.
  18. nate81

So I got my test kits in the mail today, for hardness and iron. And as I suspected I have no iron in my water....we had our water tested at a pool store, and they said we had no iron. We filled our pool with our well water and when we added the chlorine we didn't get any discoloration as you...
  19. nate81

So I got my test kits in the mail today, for hardness and iron. And as I suspected I have no iron in my water....we had our water tested at a pool store, and they said we had no iron. We filled our pool with our well water and when we added the chlorine we didn't get any discoloration as you...
  20. nate81

To get all the tests done locally through the county it would r un around $475. When I searched terrylove.com forums for well water testing......this thread came up lol Maybe someone reading this can chime in and suggest a more affordable yet reliable source for testing my well water.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks