Search results

1. charlesb

Washing Machine Siphon Break Question

Thanks. I complained to their employer. He was apologetic, and he agreed to pay for the repair plus the spare box of tile to replace the ones they removed after the flood. I'm beginning to wonder if "Luxury Vinyl Tile" is actually a good solution for laundry rooms. The old vinyl tile had...
  2. charlesb

Washing Machine Siphon Break Question

Let me ask the question first--before I describe the sad saga: Is it safe to continue using my clothes washer with the siphon break bypassed? Now for the details: I'm having new LVT tile installed in my laundry room and adjacent room. I happened to notice that the crew pulled the washer out of...
  3. charlesb

Delta Sink Faucet with Spray Ball Replacement

I did contact Delta customer service and received two replies. They just gave me the replacement part number as RP70, but neither one of them addressed my question on whether I needed to use a 4-hole ball to replace the old ball on the faucet with a sink spray. From the RP70 images I have...
  4. charlesb

Thanks. I did not know that. But it's not really the money that I was concerned with. I was wondering if it actually is a safety issue, and whether it's a bad idea to replace the original four-hole ball with the three-hole replacement.
  5. charlesb

My single-handle Delta faucet with a sprayer was installed in 2003. For years it has had an intermittent leak when either turning it on cold only or when moving the handle from left (hot) to right (cold). This video illustrates the problem: Note the leak on the first and third tries, but no...
  6. charlesb

Recurring Wire Breaking on Well Pump

I think they do use a splice kit similar to what I use for underground wire. The taping we are referring to is just to keep the wire close to the pipe so that it is less likely to flop around and rub against the rock when the pump starts and stops.
  7. charlesb

Update: The pump quit again on 2-27-15 (4 months later), so I called the new pump man. At first he recommended replacing the black poly pipe with threaded PVC pipe. But when we pulled the pump, he noticed that the wire was just standard solid wire, and that it was not taped as well as he...
  8. charlesb

Yep, he ties the connector to my utility golf cart, and I drive 250 feet down the pasture while he rolls the poly pipe over a barrel at the pump house. The "more sanitary" I get, but the "lot easier" I didn't get until I watched this video: That guy makes it look pretty easy although I'm sure...
  9. charlesb

Sounds like pulling the pump would be a little more complicated than just hooking it to the golf cart and dragging it out in the pasture. And I assume there are ways to prevent the torque from working it loose. Originally I was a mechanical engineer, but I went back to school and spent my...
  10. charlesb

That's something I plan to discuss with the new pump guy when he comes by. I guess I need to do some reading on that subject, but it's not clear to me how a PVC setup would work, and what would be involved in servicing the pump if that were ever necessary. My pump is about 250 feet deep.
  11. charlesb

I don't know for sure where the previous breaks were, but this one was about 10 feet above the one cable guard I could see. I plan to have the new pump guy come take a look at my system when he is in the area, and see if he has any suggestions. I think I need to at least add additional cable...
  12. charlesb

Well, the wire broke again in October, 2013, and this time I had him install some of those square plastic guards. It seemed fine until this morning, when it failed again. This time the wire was broken about 10 feet above the cable guard, which was probably only about 15 feet above the pump . I...
  13. charlesb

Periodic High Pitch Hum From Toto CST703 Toilet

The leak got worse over the weekend--sometimes accompanied by the loud periodic hum, and sometimes not. I removed the old flapper this morning, and it has an obvious distortion that explains the leak. I replaced it with a Toto valve THU303 2" flapper, and all is well. The fill valve...
  14. charlesb

I'm glad you mentioned the refill tube, because I noticed its absence too, and was wondering if the original plumber had installed it incorrectly 11 years ago. Glad to learn he had not.
  15. charlesb

I did a double-take myself when I looked at the image. I went back and looked again, and there was no gravel in the tank and nothing under the flapper. I guess the camera was using a long shutter speed, and the moving water played tricks on the image.
  16. charlesb

Thanks. The dealer I bought it from should be able to supply the correct one. I'll wait on the fill valve and replace it if the hum returns. When I watch it fill, it snaps shut briskly, and I think it is probably OK. It does look like gravel, but it's just an artifact from the flash on...
  17. charlesb

A while back I noticed a slow leak from the toilet tank to the bowl in the guest bath, and got as far as putting it on my ToDo list, but then forgot about it. Then a few days ago we started noticing a periodic high pitched hum coming from somewhere. It lasted only a few seconds each time, and...
  18. charlesb

Well, so much for that bright idea. :) It sounds like a CSV might be the best option, if I can figure out which model would best fit my situation. But I still worry about throttling the pump for long periods of time. In addition to the sprinkler irrigation, I also have some drip irrigation...
  19. charlesb

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. My original pump man (the one who replaced the tank and check valve) was the father of the current pump man. I remember that he pulled the pump by hand, and I drug it down through the pasture. He would take a puff on his cigarette, pull a couple of...
  20. charlesb

My well is about 250 feet deep on black flexible pipe in rock with a casing extending the first fifty feet or so. The pump lasted for about twenty years with no problems except for having to replace a check valve and bladder tank about ten years ago. In 2011 I began doing a fair amount of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks