Search results

1. mahuska

Tub drain on a spa tub

Ok, bought all the cement together today.. no unions. Thanks
  2. mahuska

Tub drain on a spa tub

So I cut through the new sub floor and test fit the tub to the 2" inlet I left for it and so far the alignment looks good. This is wet vented to the sink and vent and if there was ever the need to snake this line it would be done from the sink. My question is about the p-trap for the tub. I am...
  3. mahuska

Confirmation of plumbing layout needed

Tom - Unfortunately that was not a misquote, he even said that this is the way he had just done his house. I even know that was not right. Terry - Thanks for the info. Sorry about not communicating this in an understandable way. Here are some other views for context. Blue is basement walls...
  4. mahuska

I understand and appreciate those working as professionals and the time and effort is represented by being a licensed plumbing professional. Here a little context for where I'm at, I live in a small town(<9600) that is 30 miles away from other city's and an hour from a city over 40,000. Iowa...
  5. mahuska

36 inches for the tub. I don't want to install this crazy thing this way either but I don't see an alternative that satisfies minimum branch arm length, allows vents to exit vertically and allow me fit the floor plan
  6. mahuska

No its not, the shower is minimum you can be, two pipe diameters from weir to vent then the vent goes up to 42 inches above floor level before turning horizontal connect into the roof vent..
  7. mahuska

Help identifying bathroom sink faucet, probably Price Pfister

Maybe this would work. http://www.faucetstems.com/stemterminology.php http://www.homefixitparts.com/faucetstems.php http://www.pfisterfaucets.com/Support/Faq/50160000000HipYAAS.aspx
  8. mahuska

And her are two more that detail the toilet and overall
  9. mahuska

I realty appreciate the constructive criticism. I thought about what everyone has said and went back to my basic books and made a new plan. I think this addresses the issues raised. Its a bit weird but I tried to get the vent to exit at vertical. This time I also drew in the toilet DWV. Before...
  10. mahuska

Texan drought sets residents against fracking - video

I know that's weird. I own the mineral rights to like 1/7 of an acre in OK due to my great great grandfather getting 80 acres during the land rush. Then during the depression one of the famitly sold most of the land and kept all the rights. I don't know why that's possible apart from it was...
  11. mahuska

All great points and I tried two different layouts and I have a drawing of the second because the first would have required that I cut holes through the joist too close to the bottom. This second layout takes a vent from the tub to the wall. The first way took the water to the wall and then over...
  12. mahuska

P-Trap to vent minimum, Weir to Vent question

Ok inner diameters make a lot of sense. 2 in pipe for a shower.
  13. mahuska

I have a tight shower location using a Kerdi line drain and if you use 2 pipe diameters as the minimum then the weir to vent distance is 5.75. If I just put the P-trap right on the 2" tee the distance is 3.75.
  14. mahuska

When sizing the weir to vent minimum on a P-trap is it measured from liquid edge in trap to start of vent inner diameter (=> than 2X trap arm diameter)?
  15. mahuska

I might have a solution that that will work avoiding the issues brought up. I with make the changes and post later.
  16. mahuska

So if i delete the vent section going to the tub and use a long sweep or better a combo wye to connect the tub this becomes a branch and put a clean-out on the end of the wye using a 45 or 60 bend to angle it up to the tub service access that would work?
  17. mahuska

It seems like it this system as i have drawn was looked at as a wet vent system then it could work (UPC 908.1) or i could tuck an island sink type vent under the rim of the tub (UPC 909.0)
  18. mahuska

What if I dumped the 1.5 tub drain into the 2 in with a wye and 60 deg bend so the entry into the 2 was at a 45 down and the 2 inch continued to the wall as is to vent. Would this work or would that just make an "s" trap?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks