Search results

1. GG_Mass

Boiler Pressure release valve leak troubleshooting

Hi, There are multiple threads in the forum regarding this issue and I read through some of hem, could not find the answer that would apply to my case - - My expansion tank is ~3 years and has been installed by a pro and passes the "wrench clunk" test. - The valve in image #2 has been replaced...
  2. GG_Mass

Water dripping out of boiler valve

Hi, Water is dripping down the pipe shown in the picture. Only happens when the boiler is working, and a few minutes after it's done. Is a replacement of the valve needed, or it is an internal problem in the boiler ? Thank is advance for you advice. Valve, joined with boiler Pipe at the...
  3. GG_Mass

Heater does not kick in after replacing heat exchanger

Hi everyone I replaced the external heat exchanger on our hydronic system, after bringing everything back into pressure, the heating cycle starts briefly, and then the boiler shuts off, and a slight clicking sound emits from the "Taco Cartridge Circulator" . Any ideas about what could be the...
  4. GG_Mass

Corrosion on heat exchanger

Hi, Starting this last summer, some corrosion showed up on one side of the external heat exchanger. I'm not sure as for the reason why. I decreased the aquastat temp to 110F, so I must attribute the corrosion for that reason, unless I'm wrong and there's a different reason, can anyone add some...
  5. GG_Mass

Draining water from baseboard pipes

Hi, The water in the baseboard in my 3 season porch are frozen. I need to remove and replace the broken pipe by de-soldering, but, the pipes still have water in them. I'm pretty sure I found the draining taps downstairs, but would prefer to ask first before going ahead and removing the water...
  6. GG_Mass

Leak in a "Delta 400" kitchen faucet

I replaced the ball assembly and the O-rings. But, the leak does not stop. If I tighten the cap more on the tighter side - the leak is from the ball assembly area, if I tighten any more on the loose side - then there's a leak from under the cap/O-ring area. I can't get this right not matter...
  7. GG_Mass

Bricks, withot mortar as a temporary hearth solution ?

Hi, The wood-stove I'm about to place, 450lbs in weight, will need to have its two back legs on the current hearth, which is built from brick and mortar. I have to build an extension to the hearth where the front two legs of the stove would stand on. The extensions' size would be 35x12x8...
  8. GG_Mass

Old propane space heater not starting up fully after pilot is on

Hi, I have an older "Empire" propane space heater, connecter to an outdoor LP propane tank. The tank was checked last year and was okay. I'm able to start the pilot light going, but, when setting the thermostat afterwards, nothing pretty much happens, the pilot light stays on, but - the heater...
  9. GG_Mass

On/Off option for the domestic water part of hydronic system ?

Hi, I have an ultimate, oil fired, cast iron, with two heating zones and one zone for domestic hot water. During the day, we, like many families, are out of the house, for some time . During this time, obviously, the domestic hot water is being kept at the temp set by the aquastat . I see it...
  10. GG_Mass

Cost estimate for Generator Power Transfer Switch installation

I know that labor prices vary between areas, I'm located in Massachusetts. A rough estimate is very much good for me, at this point. I would like to have this unit installed - Reliance Controls 31406CRK http://www.reliancecontrols.com/ProductDetail.aspx?31406CRK. Aside from the unit's cost...
  11. GG_Mass

Incorporate a wood burning support to my current water system.

Greetings ,all. I am starting with a plan to accomplish the above statement. I have an indirect hydronic system currently, with a 40 gallon tank. I plan to warm up the house with a wood stove starting this or next winter, placed in the basement, a few feet (7-8) from the Boiler /tank area...
  12. GG_Mass

Portable A/C with heat and auto-fan shutoff ?

Is there such a product out there ? The portable A/C or window A/C that I've known so far, will keep running the fan until a timer shuts them off, or until manually shut off. The only part that starts/shuts according to the thermostat setting is the compressor. Are there any units that will...
  13. GG_Mass

Propane tank, is it ready for work ?

Hello, I'm trying to start our propane heater for the first time (it is installed in one of the bedrooms. It is not new, we are new, to the house . ) Before I get to try and start it, I'm not 100% sure that the outside tank is releasing gas to the heater. By following the 'how to start'...
  14. GG_Mass

Chimney cap, one large, or three small ones ?

Hello, I don't have any chimney caps on my 3 chimneys. They all climb up the same space. One is for the oil fired water boiler, one for the basement fireplace, and one for the living room fireplace (that one has a damper installed). Does it make a difference, to the performance of the...
  15. GG_Mass

Hot water baseboard system , questions.

Hello, I've Googled this for a while but could only find general type of knowledge as in 'how it works', but : We have a hot water baseboard (heated by oil) system. The same boiler is also in charge of heating up our water for personal use. I understood from my Oil supply company that an...
  16. GG_Mass

Insulating plumbing / grouding wire

Hello, I'm covering the water pipes in my basement with insulation. At this point I'm doing the area by the main water entry, and that's where some electrical wire is present. There is one cable that gets in the way, and I want to know if it's Okay to wrap insulation - and by doing that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks