Search results

1. TerriK

Iron H2S odor issues

Gary, I hear you on the air compressor. This is our second one in 13 years. The first ones diaphragm failed. I took the newer one apart and cleaned it eight months ago, replaced the seal and air intake pad etc. we used it even VERY recently as a point of air injection prior to the duke and...
  2. TerriK

Iron H2S odor issues

I want to thank Gary as he got me thinking a bit ( in good ways). I called the duke manufacturers and told them our air compressor would only jump to 15 or 20 psi and they immediately came up with a solution. I ended up installing 3, 1/2 inch plugs on the spray nozzles and it raised the psi...
  3. TerriK

Iron H2S odor issues

Thanks Gary. The filter on the air compressor is maybe 6 months old. I refurbished/ cleaned it when we did our first aeration project 6 months ago. It did get up to 50psi and then some, had to adjust it several times. So I do know it is in good working order. My husband suggested maybe we...
  4. TerriK

Iron H2S odor issues

Hi Gary, Thank The Lord the duke is not in the crawlspace! It is in the garage. 24 year old house, not so skanky. We put a screen at the end of the exterior venting. It draws four or five times before refilling so I'd say it goes down halfway before refill on the 160 gallon tank that...
  5. TerriK

Iron H2S odor issues

No, we don't have a chlorine feed. I did screw the top off last month and added a cup full, let it sit 1 hour and back washed. Did not seem to make a difference. Thanks for thinking of it. Maybe the continuous chlorine backwash would help. We did put on clear tubing for the drain and they...
  6. TerriK

Iron H2S odor issues

Dittohead, You may enjoy this article on types of carbon and tannins. I found it very informative. Terri http://www.watertechonline.com/articles/a-carbon-for-every-taste-and-odor
  7. TerriK

Iron H2S odor issues

Thanks for joining Dittohead, I appreciate everyone's efforts. I found the Florida water info very helpful. There is not much info out there on tannins. Our water is clear post treatment without the tannin filter so was very surprised when I had it tested that it came out positive. Have you...
  8. TerriK

Iron H2S odor issues

I'm hoping you two are REALLY good friends:). And Tom is a senior member.........:) There is not one bit of galvanized steel, I have personally spent a lot of time in the crawlspace and I would know. Everything is copper or pex plus brass or plastic elbows and what not. The duke is about a...
  9. TerriK

Iron H2S odor issues

Hi Tom, everything is 1" pex until post water softener then reverts to 3/4" pex. Not sure of the gpm but the pressure tank is set at 50/70. I'm guessing the term is "throttling down" the pump. We do draw a fair amount of sand and some brown specks that look like mulch. Common in our area...
  10. TerriK

Iron H2S odor issues

I knew I should have gone with Gary S shortened version, was just going by my memory! Not so handsome, not butt ugly, getting handy, works 70 hours a week........ Old well had coliform, some bit of toluene and IRB. Did several shock chlorinations. Found the well to be shallow at 54 feet as...
  11. TerriK

Iron H2S odor issues

First, let me say a lot of you men crack me up, Gary Sussler in particular:) I have been reading some of your threads for a while now and am finally posting as I am out of ideas. We obviously have well water. The numbers are not horrible. Ph 7.1 Hardness 290 TDS 243 Turbidity 6.7...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks