Search results

1. golem

See you later, not goodbye!

Hey Terry, I was coming back to the forum to thank you and provide a long-term update as to my utmost satisfaction with the products you steered me to purchase and install. In an eerie twist of timing it seems time itself has produced a curve-ball which now allows you to appreciate the good...
  2. golem

Our Drake (743) garners 4/5 stars. Will a Drake 202I (776) satisfy?

Fabulous post Terry! That insight has relieved my reservation and the 776 will be on order this evening. This site didn't steer me wrong a few years ago with the 743 I ended up choosing and I'm confident this will do the same.
  3. golem

Yes sir, Sedona Beige, elongated, 12" rough, universal height are my needs. ;-) I've finally found a confirmed video of a 1.6 Tornado flush unfortunately it's a 746. This might also be where I got the initial impression of a "shelf" to collect solids that don't make the sweet spot, optical...
  4. golem

Thanks for the replies! I currently have both the CST744SL#12 and CST776CSFG#12 sitting in my cart. Really itching to remove one and get the order pushed through, leaning toward the latter.
  5. golem

Thanks for the insight. So, "satisfied" possibly was a cautionary wordplay via the initiated. ;-) Seems at this time I have one vote for better surface finish along with improved bowl wash-down. This just leaves my main curiosity peaked -- comparison of solids removal -- Tornado 1.6 vs. G-Max 1.6.
  6. golem

Much appreciate the replies Terry and breplum. Thanks for the edit of my subject line Terry. After way too much research names and numbers begin the convolution process. ;-) Great link brplum. When it comes to MAP stats it seems difficult to go wrong with the current Drake offerings although...
  7. golem

We've had a Toto Drake CST743S for about 5 years and have been completely satisfied with performance. Prepared to tackle another bathroom and was wondering if consensus might be that I'd be free of regret "upgrading" to a CST776CSFG or should I just opt for the known and go with a CST744SL? I...
  8. golem

Plunging a Toto Drake?

Sorry for not updating sooner. :-( I did get the Korky Beehive plunger and was totally impressed with its ability to mold to the contours of the bowl drain. This allowed for a complete seal therefore maximizing effectiveness of the push-pull technique described in this thread and throughout the...
  9. golem

Plunging a Toto Drake?

No bellows but my plunger is a 5.5" or 6" flange style. It's simply too small in diameter (or stiff) to completely cover/seal the drain opening which greatly reduces the effective plunging pressure. Performing the gentle up and down strokes which are suggested simply does not produce the desired...
  10. golem

Plunging a Toto Drake?

Honestly, couldn't tell you with certainty. It's the ladies (not childrens) bathroom and never used by me. I'm pretty confident though that nothing more than acceptable waste is flushed. Keep in mind I did state that in over three years it has performed almost flawlessly.
  11. golem

Plunging a Toto Drake?

Thanks for the reply! I'm going to add that to the to-try list not only because it's quite logical but also because it sound like a challenge!
  12. golem

Plunging a Toto Drake?

Much appreciate the replies! Yeah, I used to use the brute-force one or two hard-n-deep plunges on the older style toilets and found it to work. Quickly found that not so "wise" with these newer designs 'less one wanted a shower. Learned a bowl full of water and short rhythmic stroking works...
  13. golem

Plunging a Toto Drake?

How do you effectively plunge a toilet like the Drake which has an elongated "collection" area. The standard plunger will not seal properly therefore not allowing a forceful plunge. Any vigorous plunging just results in water shooting everywhere. I should say I installed this Drake about 3...
  14. golem

Request suggestions for senior-on-budget toilet replacement

Thanks again for the reply wjcandee! Really appreciate you physically checking on that under-rim glazing. I'm satisfied it's the norm. Heck, I've not yet even installed my Drake but am so impressed with the function and quality of her toilet that I'm already contemplating acquiring a second...
  15. golem

Request suggestions for senior-on-budget toilet replacement

Another update to say the 2 TOTO Drake's I ordered through Home Depot arrived yesterday morning. I'm not sure if they were drop-shipped from TOTO or shipped directly from an HD warehouse (more likely) but can say the double boxed packaging left a little to be desired. Padding was basically...
  16. golem

What is the difference design-wise between widespread and mini-widespread faucets?

Upon continued research I have found an answer to my question based upon at least one manufacturer (Danze). The following links are to the product and specifications pages. It is listed as a mini-widespread and, while it doesn't say it outright on the front page, the specs sheet advises it's...
  17. golem

What is the difference design-wise between widespread and mini-widespread faucets?

Thanks again for the reply! A perfect example would be these attached images of Grohe Arden faucets in differing finishes. Both are labeled as mini-widespread. I couldn't help but believe the 2nd image is of one very diminutive unit. So, I checked the specs sheet on both units and each spout...
  18. golem

Much appreciate the clarification. Not sure where I believed I read a "mini" was compatible with both 4" and 8" spreads. Anyhow you spurred me to research again and every article describes applicability just it as you do. Through searching had opportunity to see a mini-widespread faucet actually...
  19. golem

Thanks for the reply jadnashua! Yeah, I've got that. I'm just really curious as to what the actual physical design difference is between the mini-widespread and widespread faucets themselves making the latter for 8" only. If it were a fixed-width cast manifold I could readily understand but as...
  20. golem

Been researching this for the better part of the day and can't determine. I understand 4"-centerset is for 4" only, 4"-mini-widespread applies to both 4" and 8" while 8"-widespread is supposed to be 8" only. For the life of me though I can't determine why a widespread faucet could not be mounted...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks