Search results

1. v_phillips

Leaky pipe between tank and bowl (old toilet)

An excellent online source for antique plumbing fixtures and new parts for them is DEA Bathroom Machineries - http://www.deabath.com/index.html
  2. v_phillips

Toilet tank leans in....

Here's a do-it-yourselfer's observation made while installing a Kohler Wellworth awhile back. I had to put considerably more torque on the bolt in the back than on the two in the front to get the tank level. It is clear than Kohler uses a three-bolt system so that the tank can be leveled...
  3. v_phillips

Toto Ultramax product review, comments & pictures

Thanks for that post, Mr. Haws. You have just enabled me to comprehend something about toilet technology that I have been pondering. Without quite understanding what I was talking about, I commented on the efficiency of different trapway designs not too long ago. For most of my life, I never...
  4. v_phillips

Up close toilet test

If a sponge ball gets snagged in the trapway, other solid matter will also. With all else being equal, the tendency for clogs to occur would be more likely in the rough trapway than in a smooth one. Flushing a sponge ball could also demonstrate the speed/power of the siphon. So you would do...
  5. v_phillips

Toto Drake: no glaze in trapway?

Toilet bowls are first molded in two halves. After that, the internal surfaces of the trapway are smoothed and perfected. Then the two unfired clay halves are fused together and the seams and outer surfaces of the fully formed bowl are smoothed off before the piece goes into the kiln. All...
  6. v_phillips

Flush force slowing

Phosphoric acid works well. It's not as caustic as muriatic acid and does not emit such dangerous fumes. You would still use it with caution though. You definitely don't want it in your eyes and you don't need it on your skin. The fumes can irritate your nose, throat, and lungs if you inhale...
  7. v_phillips

American Standard Repertoire - the Good and the Bad

TSPORT, there must have been a modification or two during the past five years to improve the handling of solid waste because the performance of ours (made 11NOV05) is excellent. It's a quick, decisive flush that zips away a hefty load with no hesitation at all. (It empties cleanly too, Janie.)...
  8. v_phillips

American Standard Repertoire - the Good and the Bad

Hi - I've been lurking around here from time to time while remodeling our bathrooms because you guys provide a great source of knowledgeable plumbing info. I've found a lot of answers and good advice by searching through the various forum sections. I also trust, after reading so many...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks