Search results

1. T

Trap on washing machine drain?

Since I can feel air being sucked into the drain and hear water running from the vent down the drain, is it safe to assume that there isn't a trap? Any quick way to tell without ripping out drywall? If the home warranty has expired would the installation of a trap typically be done by the...
  2. T

Trap on washing machine drain?

I'm in a brand new house and I'm wondering if my laundry drain was installed properly. It's raining outside and I am hearing water though the wall drain for the washing machine. I removed the washing machine flex drain pipe and there's no water coming from it, and there are no leaks by the...
  3. T

Finish plumbing - shower arm question

I plumbed my tub/shower with cpvc and have 1/2" threaded females where the tub and shower stubs come out. These are the ones that have rubber washers inside. The problem I'm having is, on one of the two bathrooms I did, the chrome shower arm isn't able to turn all the way where the bend...
  4. T

clog removal charge

I just paid $574 to unclog a main drain. They claim they don't charge hourly, and hit you with the bill when they're done. The frustrating part was that I had to explain that the clog had to be downstream from the cleanout I had pointed out because both the tub in the basement and the floor...
  5. T

Finish plumbing with CPVC

I've reached the finish plumbing phase and was wondering what's the best shutoff valve for my CPVC stubs so I can extend flexible pipe to the toilet and sinks. Should I get a CPVC valve (if one exists), or should I get a union from CPVC to brass, and use a metal valve? Thanks in advance!
  6. T

Flange height

I'm getting ready to tile my bathroom floor and need some guidance as to what the flange should rest on. I've got a slab, then a ~3/8" underlay, then probably 1/4" tile on top. Which layer should I cut the pipe flush with to mount the flange?
  7. T

Advice on plumbing tub/shower drain

I'm finishing my basement and this is my first time attempting plumbing. I have all PVC drains and CPVC supplies. I have been able to do everything without a problem until now... Should I cement together the whole overflow assembly first? And then drop the tub in place and connect the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks