Search results

1. M

u drain trap removal cost estimate

i had gotten two estimates so far from reputable plumbers in the area and the reason i asked was because i thought $1000 was expensive but the other was for 3000! i wanted a ballpark figure even with the understanding that labor costs are different across the country. i want to determine if...
  2. M

thanks for your replies. i think i am going to have the trap removed based on last reply. i received an estimate for $1000. is this fair?
  3. M

i am not a plumber nor am i knowledgable of the lingo but because of a persistent problem i am contemplating having the U drain trap removed. our house was built in 1925 and we live in brooklyn new york. the trap is the original one. in the basement there is a "pit" which contains the U drain...
  4. M

Low flow toilet problem?

when i suggested getting rid of the trap the plumber told me that it prevents backups from the street and/or rodents from entering home (i live in new york).
  5. M

Low flow toilet problem?

thanks for answering terry. i am talking about a private home and the main drain line trap where it enters and exits
  6. M

Low flow toilet problem?

i had a low flow toilet installed in basement apartment several years ago and we seem to get more backups than usual in the main trap. there never seems to be anything other than toilet paper blocking trap. i know my family is not using more toilet paper than usual so is it possible that the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks