Search results

1. jaegerilla

no pressure from pump, help please!

overload protector tests at less than one ohm in both positions. apparently it is good. makes sense, since it's been doing it's job. next I will replace stationary switch with new one. ordered one earlier, will take 2 days to get here. (I'm in the middle of nowhere) anyone has any suggestions...
  2. jaegerilla

aha... as I suspected... thermal overload protector. stands to reason that it got smoked too. SO... will test it, but PROBLEM... if it's bad, is it from capacitor meltdown due to overly high pressure (high heat in motor cap melting stuff) or is it from something else. all comments/ suggestions...
  3. jaegerilla

oh, yeah... btw... long hard day... and as I mentioned addled brain. backed pressure down to 48psi.... 2 below, not 2 above... yeeeesh.
  4. jaegerilla

thus far.. ok... so... I understand the start capacitor, knew that before I replaced it. terminal board was obvious,... now understand stationary switch and rotating switch... still not sure what the round flat thing is.
  5. jaegerilla

Thanks for the info, much appreciated, my dad set the system up that way 26 years ago, I just go on what he taught me, and try to learn as much as possible from there. I read a little bit about deadheading, not sure I understand it. A little more info would sure be appreciated.
  6. jaegerilla

ok... sure to be a long post but here goes... I have a 2" x 50 foot well with shallow pump above ground (a.o.smith 48m2fc4c1, 3450 rpm, 1.5 HP, 230v) and bladderless tank. 50/70 pressure switch. I have an additional pressure gauge with warning buzzer when pressure drops below 30psi in the house...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks