Search results

1. Pchanizzle

HELP! Previous owner was draining washing machine into sump pit. No drain. (pics)

I was actually wrong about the pump not being able to empty the sink. The pump, even with a full sink and cycling on/off, is able to keep up with the washer, so I think I'm done unless all this cycling is bad for the pump?
  2. Pchanizzle

Hydromatic HPUSP125 bad switch? Brand new pump cycles on/off when sink is full

I have a utility sink in the basement which the washing machine drains into. I just installed this sink and used a Hydromatic HPUSP125 pump on the recommendation of another forum member. The install went fine, but when the sink has water in it, the pump cycles on/off and can't empty the...
  3. Pchanizzle

HELP! Previous owner was draining washing machine into sump pit. No drain. (pics)

Ok, this is strange. If I plug the pump in correctly (switch first, then the pump into the back of the switch outlet), the pump cycles on/off when the sink is full, and can't empty the sink. If I plug the pump directly into the wall outlet, the pump runs continuously and is able to pretty...
  4. Pchanizzle

That seems to be exactly what the company is suggesting in the manual, but I'm going to try opening the discharge ball valve all the way.
  5. Pchanizzle

After re-reading the instructions, (smack self in the head) you might be on to something. Here's what the pump manual says: Adjusting The Flow The drain pump can pump up to 27 gallons per minute (GPM). Normal sink drains allow only 5 to 6 GPM to flow. Adjust the discharge shut-off/flow...
  6. Pchanizzle

My lift is about 5' and I am using 1-1/4" pipe, which ties into a horizontal wye that goes to the 3" horizontal waste stack. The pump lags pretty far behind the washing machine. The manual for the pump suggests to adjust the ball valve on the discharge pipe so that the pump runs constantly and...
  7. Pchanizzle

So this solution works, sort of. The pump is too slow to keep up with the washer drain, and can't empty the sink in time before it fills completely up and overflows. If I set the washer to do a "small" load, the sink tub can hold all the water and it eventually pumps out. On a normal large...
  8. Pchanizzle

Yes, that Hydromatic pump comes with a check valve. Thanks again for your help, I've ordered everything and will be installing this week.
  9. Pchanizzle

Wow, that's a great suggestion, and that pump is a good brand, and cheaper than the Zoeller that I was looking at anyway. What's the downside to this pump, or should I say, why would someone buy a pump that required a tie in to the vent stack instead of this one? Thanks a bunch, I am almost...
  10. Pchanizzle

After some conversations with a couple old timers, I'm now more certain that the sump is draining into the yard underground and not into the city sewer, which means I'm going to want to drain the washing machine into the waste stack. I will most likely be going with the sink/pump install for...
  11. Pchanizzle

New to water softeners, can anyone tell me about this unit? Aquatec? (pics)

Excellent, thanks! I will be cleaning the tank tomorrow evening ( we have possession of the house, but don't move in until July 27).
  12. Pchanizzle

Doh! Thanks for your response, I really appreciate the help. Notice the black pipe that goes up the wall - just above the crop of the picture, it goes OUT through the wall. Is it possible that the sump is really pumping straight UP six feet and then out of the house? I'm fairly sure the sump...
  13. Pchanizzle

PM sent. Thanks a million! Also, you mentioned measuring the tank, I did some research on what to do with this thing, but I didn't read anything about measuring the tank - do I need to measure the tank for a specific purpose? How do I know what amount of salt to add? I'm going to vacuum it...
  14. Pchanizzle

I just bought a house, and it was a foreclosure/flip so I have no contact with the previous owner. We have well water and city sewer. There is a water softener in the basement, but I know nothing about it. Can somebody give me a crash course and tell me what I need to do? Here's the whole...
  15. Pchanizzle

I just purchased this home, and have well water and city sewer. During the home inspection, I didn't even notice that there was no drain for the washing machine. I can only assume that the previous owner was draining the washing machine directly into the sump pit. I suppose it's not terrible...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks