Search results

1. RealRobD

Bissell vacuum sparking and smelling terrible.

Best I can describe the smell as a phenolic material burning. No cap on the motor. I'm pretty much down to it's a bad armature. I may get good reading out of service but it may be failing under power. I'll just have to replace the whole thing anyway. Seeing as I can't buy just one part for...
  2. RealRobD

Brushes were removed in my original tear down and inspection. They each have about 1" of carbon left on them. The armature's communicator bar slots are "gunk" free. Resistance tests between communicator bars at 180º and bar to bar resulted in equal measurements all the way around...
  3. RealRobD

Motor bearings are fine, clean between bars on armature.
  4. RealRobD

My vacuum suddenly acted as if something got stuck in the brush and began to make a terrible noise and smell awful. I figured it was a quick pop it open, free the brush and I'd be on my way. Nope! Turns out the motor is sparking more than normal at the armature and brush contact point. And the...
  5. RealRobD

Transformer exceeding rated outut.

Okay I see now. With a load it's at 14.9v The batteries won't charge beyond ~13v and under load they only put out ~1.9 so I guess they're kaput. Oreck considers this a "disposable" unit. And batteries are unavailable. I always have to fix stuff instead of throwing it out, but this time I'm out...
  6. RealRobD

Transformer exceeding rated outut.

I have this wall charger for a little hand vacuum. The output rating is 15v but it's actually putting out 19v. You think this is what most likely shortened the rechargeable batteries life?
  7. RealRobD

Have a question concerning kwh stuff :)

Okay, so I have this fairly new Maytag window AC unit and I want to figure the rough cost of running it in a certain time frame. I'm using this calculator here. I input my kwh rate which is .06 cents, the wattage is 515 and the time frame is 8 hours. Let's just say it never cycles off for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks