Search results

1. Chris_G

What wall board surface under tile in shower?

Thanks, jadnashua. That is very helpful. I read somewhere, either on this forum, or on another of this nature, about a similar product to Kerdi, but the membrane is painted on, rather than applied in a sheet. Does anybody have any experience with this? If so, did it achieve comparable...
  2. Chris_G

What wall board surface under tile in shower?

My G.C. has put up walls in the bathtub/shower that are meant to be tiled over. I want to make sure this is the correct surface. It is not a shower stall, but a bathtub with tile walls. Two of the walls are wood stud walls with fiberglass insulation in between, and the longer wall behind the...
  3. Chris_G

Best Enameled Cast Iron Tub? TOTO?

I recently bought a Porcher. I don't claim to know a lot about the Porcher brand, but I know they were bought by American Standard, and they a European brand that is now being marketed as American Standard's higher end line. I have a very small bathroom, so I wanted a smaller iron tub than most...
  4. Chris_G

Stainless Steel Custom Fabricated Sink

. Here are the samples I mentioned above:
  5. Chris_G

Stainless Steel Custom Fabricated Sink

. Endorsement of Metal Kitchen Fabricators, Inc. I recently had a custom stainless steel kitchen sink fabricated and I would like to share the experience, and the fabricator, with you. Because we are dealing with a small Manhattan kitchen, to maximize space we are using a Fisher &...
  6. Chris_G

Flushometer Brands

In the end, I went with the Toto flushometer, to accompany the Toto toilet. I had hoped for something with a more angular appearance (it is a little bulbous on top), but I know this will be compatible with the Toto bowl. FYI- We're not in a highrise. It's a turn of the century, former...
  7. Chris_G

Flushometer Brands

Very well. There are many conditions that must be met. I'm not a plumber, and my contractor will ultimately deal with the technical issues. It is true that our apartment currently has a tank, however that was installed as part of work done as a half arse renovation when the place was put on the...
  8. Chris_G

Flushometer Brands

I hope that you will accept my apologies for my bad behavior. Not of your concern and probably too much information, but several things disrupting my life directly related to this renovation, but nothing to do with my flushometer, have turned my life upside down and that all came to a head over...
  9. Chris_G

Flushometer Brands

Thank you. All I really want is a point in the direction of a flushometer that has design consideration, like anyone would expect out of a faucet set, or other bathroom hardware. I know somebody already makes them. I've seen them in nice hotels and the bathrooms in up-scale restaurants...
  10. Chris_G

The Ultimate Toilet Concept

Hey, I'm good for something after all.
  11. Chris_G

Flushometer Brands

As to existing plumbing, I'm doing a gut renovation- so it doesn't matter.
  12. Chris_G

Flushometer Brands

It's as if I stumbled onto a bulletin board for "G scale" model train buffs and made the social blunder of mentioning that I own "HO scale" trains. I've asked for advice on Flushometers. All I've gotten is a smack-down by "tank toilet loyalist". Several have chimed in with almost...
  13. Chris_G

Flushometer Brands

I came here genuinely thinking there were experts on plumbing hardware and all things toilets that would be happy to speak up and point me in the direction of cool/sleek plumbing hardware that a novice like me wouldn't know where to find. Sorry if I offended anyone.
  14. Chris_G

Flushometer Brands

OK, that is a very reasonable explanation. I'll try to make sense of this. People that don't live in New York, Tokyo, or one of a handful of other major metropolises just don't grasp how rare and valued space is- My only bathroom is 6' x 6.5'. There is a reason why most Manhattan...
  15. Chris_G

Flushometer Brands

. I have nothing against toilets, I have a whole thread here dedicated to finding the right one. You seem to be saying, why don't I like "tank" toilets? Don't like them. I have my reasons. I'm not interested in a debate over tank toilets vs flushometer toilets. You can debate that on some...
  16. Chris_G

Flushometer Brands

. Well it must be standard to some toilet. They obviously designed it to work with something. .
  17. Chris_G

Flushometer Brands

Now that's what I'm talking about... . Leave it to German engineering. Schell GmbH + Co. KG: Schellomat Edition WC flush valve Professional sanitary-ware installers, specifiers and building managers have long been aware of the advantages of wall-mounted WC flush valves... However...
  18. Chris_G

The Ultimate Toilet Concept

Tet-a-tet As in a "Tet-a-tet"-
  19. Chris_G

Flushometer Brands

Here are a couple of simple ones- That 370 model with the lever sticking straight up is really great (my wife may accuse it of looking too phallic... but hey, it is a toilet, after all) Question for you, HJ (or anybody who would know)- Can you tell if these would work with standard US...
  20. Chris_G

Flushometer Brands

thank you I've looked at Toto on their website at: Home - TotoUSA.com They do have a selection of flushometers under their commercial products, but they're not really what I'm looking for. Once I stopped searching under "flushometer" and changed my search string to "flush valve", I've found...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks