Search results

1. Murphy625

Well Head Cap Help

Hi Valveman, Unfortunately, not a single one of those will work on my well because of that 1 inch coupler in the the middle that sticks up 2 inches. The BakerWaterSystems cap (green) looks like it would work but its far far more expensive at $150 than the Merrill version.
  2. Murphy625

Well Head Cap Help

I'm a bit concerned that there's only one company in the entire USA (Merrill Mfg) that makes the correct cap for the top.. That darn thing is $80!!
  3. Murphy625

Well Head Cap Help

Yes, it is a pitless well as I am in michigan. I had to look up with pitless meant. The water pipe going to the house exits below the frost line.
  4. Murphy625

Well Head Cap Help

They don't make a cap to slide over the entire thing so that it accepts the conduit as well?
  5. Murphy625

Well Head Cap Help

I need to put a well cap on my well and can't figure out which one will fit. Its a 4 inch pipe (4-1/2 Outside Diameter) but that coupler in the middle sticks up about two inches and all the caps I see are fairly flat on top. Any suggestions? See photo.
  6. Murphy625

Please recommend a new furnace

15 to 18 years is an interesting figure. My condo (rental) furnace was installed in 85 (original), and still going. 15 years seems insufficient for a $2000+ investment. Can you elaborate on how the installation is more important? What would duct work have to do with furnace wear and tear?
  7. Murphy625

Please recommend a new furnace

My friend just had his furnace die. Its a Bryant 350mav model and the heat exchanger corroded. That furnace has been a pain in the butt every single year he's owned it. 4 out of 5 years it would burn out the hot surface ignitor, once we had to replace the main control board, then his fan...
  8. Murphy625

Powered Anodes???

I just bought one from the link you posted. Thanks!
  9. Murphy625

Powered Anodes???

What powered anode did you buy? My heater has a separate anode port so not a problem.
  10. Murphy625

Powered Anodes???

Hi folks, I had started another thread about my water heater sending gritty black particles to my faucets and discovered it was in fact the anode corroding away. I pulled the anode and cut it off to temporarily stop the problem. Now I need to replace it with something before I bust a $500...
  11. Murphy625

Black Water w/particulates - hot side only - well

I pulled the anode rod and it was all black and corroded and pitted with the exact stuff we're seeing. What are the consequences of yanking out that anode rod?
  12. Murphy625

Black Water w/particulates - hot side only - well

Hi folks, I'm experiencing a bit of an annoying issue in my country home. We've been having problems with black stuff showing up on our dishes from the dishwasher. It is now appearing in pots and pans when we boil things. My diagnosis says its coming from only the hot water side. We used...
  13. Murphy625

WOW, what a movie!

I believe "The Pianist" was directed by Roman Polanski. He's a pedophile and (rapist?) who sexually assaulted a 13 year old girl and is avoiding extradition to the USA by hiding in France. I would not wish to patronize his works no matter how good they may be.
  14. Murphy625

Chainsaw stalling

Yup.. They're trying to meet California's air quality requirements for small engines and all the carbs these days are being made so that they run lean and can not be adjusted. Best advice, stop buying products that conform to California's requirements.. Find good used older stuff and you'll...
  15. Murphy625

How can I automatically take water from 2 underground water tanks

A low level float switch in each tank and a simple double throw relay should be all you need. N.C contacts on relay cause a motorized valve to switch to Tank A.... When the level gets low, the float energizes the relay so that the N.O contacts then close causing the motorized valve to switch...
  16. Murphy625

Any use SDT dies in a Ridgid machine?

Hi, My pipe threading machine needs a new set of dies in the 1/2-3/4 inch range. A quick look around and I find that the Ridgid replacement dies cost about $100 new.. There is a company called SDT that sells replacement dies to fit the Ridgid machine die head and I'm suspicious of the quality...
  17. Murphy625

question on wifi usage

No problem using an open wifi network.. Just be sure you have a software firewall installed on your own computer and do not log into anything that requires your personal username or password.
  18. Murphy625

Underground Natural Gas Piping?

I might do exactly that one day.. and will have to install the same gas line anyhow if I do.. I'm not ready for a real back up unit yet but I'm getting closer every year... I just replaced my breaker panel this year and upgraded it from a main lug (pushmatic garbage) to a main breaker...
  19. Murphy625

The smell they put into natural gas (I think its called mercaptain) is very potent and will strongly offend your olfactory senses long before the concentration reaches a dangerous level.
  20. Murphy625

My meter is outside the home and only about 5 feet from where I would be running the gas line as currently planned. It really makes little difference in that respect. It won't matter but a foot or two whether I tap from inside, or tap the meter outside.. The runs will almost identical for all...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks