Search results

1. Itoldyouso

Need guidance, major issue with water from basement floor

Yes, understood. The issue is after 10 years and 3-4 major rain storms, water never came up the slab until the plumbers cracked it open and dug a hole out side the foundation to lay new sewer pipes.
  2. Itoldyouso

Would the experts recommend I bite the bullet and have interior drain tile and a 2nd sump pit installed? Or, have the plumber put holes in the overhead sewer sump pit to pump out water under the slab?
  3. Itoldyouso

There is a sump, but only the basement drains connect to it. The new issue is hydrostatic pressure pushing water up the slab, well after the storm has passed and the sewer line is free of pressure.
  4. Itoldyouso

So, even though I spent $$$ for an overhead style system to address sewer back up, now we have created a new water issue and I have to spend $$$ on a drain tile and sump? Ugh. The slab seems to have a lot of new cracks after they used the jackhammer.
  5. Itoldyouso

Terry, I get what you are saying. The ONLY time we had water previously was during the 3 100yr floods since 2008 - coming up the drains from the combined sewer/storm.
  6. Itoldyouso

Plumber opened up my basement slab, practically cut the basement floor in half, to install new cast iron pipes for sewer. This was part of a project to disconnect my basement drains to prevent sewer back up. After the rains in Illinois last night, I have water coming up in cracks in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks