Search results

1. gtfrueh

Toilet bowl losses water after flush

Thanks for your reply. I think I might raise the back as you suggest.
  2. gtfrueh

Very good. I'll take your advise. As a backup, what toilet manufacturer and toilet would you recommend for a small space? If the leveling doesn't work, we are going to continue our pursuit for the perfect toilet. Thanks again.
  3. gtfrueh

Thanks for the photos. My long flush definitely added a bit more water in the bowl, but it dropped to the same level as the normal flush... just took a bit more time. Also, the water level drops about 1/4" from fill valve shut off to final resting water level. Seems to me that if I got that 1/4"...
  4. gtfrueh

Thanks for the info on the Toto. I took some bowl level measurements and attached them here. You'll see that the front-to-back level isn't bad.... (of course, I really don't know what bad is regarding toilet level), but the side-to-side is really off. What result could this cause?.... could it...
  5. gtfrueh

One more attempt at showing more of the problem.... maybe. Here are two pictures showing my level on the floor next to the Wellworth 1.28 gpf toilet. One shows the level placement and the other is a closeup of the bubble. Any comments on the bubble placement and the effect of it not being...
  6. gtfrueh

Don't know if I should start a new post or add to this one. I'll start by adding to this one since folks have responded. If we can't fix the "water in the bowl" problem by getting more water in the bowl to say in the bowl after a flush, because of the nature of the toilet we bought (Kohler...
  7. gtfrueh

Thanks again. That sounds disappointing. Is it possible to un-level or raise the back the toilet in a way that the height of the bottom of the weir is slightly higher than the level in the bowl? Wouldn't this cause the water in the bowl to rise?
  8. gtfrueh

Thanks for your reply. It looks like the toilet meets code. What we would desire is that the amount of water in the bowl at fill valve shut off remains close to what it is and doesn't decrease too much. We think there is too much "dry bowl wall" showing after the water leaks out the drain. I...
  9. gtfrueh

Hello, I had a plumber install a Kohler Wellworth 1.28 Gallon toilet yesterday. Works fine, except that the water level in the bowl decreases after the refill valve shuts off. Just as the refill valve shuts off, the water level in the bowl measures about 8" across. Valve shuts off, and water...
  10. gtfrueh

Toilet bowl looses water

Hello, I am a homeowner and have been around toilets for many years. I am not a plumber, but I can replace most of the "guts" in a toilet with big box store components. I have never replaced a toilet and leave that up to the pros. We had a Kohler Wellworth installed the other day from a master...
  11. gtfrueh

PVC coupling question

Hello, I need to couple two pieces of 1-1/2" PVC pipes together, but I need it to also be strong. I bought the standard fitting at Home Depot, but the total length of the fitting is 2-1/2 inches. I can only slide the PVC pipe into the fitting about 1-1/4 inches. I don't think this will...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks