Search results

1. J

Flapper not staying up when flushing

Thanks, I'll try a longer lever. I was thinking a shorter one was better because it looks like it needs to be pulled back. The longer lever would extend over top of the mechanism and only pull up. But I'm no physics expert. Thanks for your comments.
  2. J

Reply to plumber1 Yes, thanks that is exactly the kind of flush valve but there isn't any sediment in the metering valve -- it's a brand new unit.
  3. J

It's the whole flushing mechanism from the chain to the flapper, but not the handle or lever. On this toilet, it consists of a flapper and above that 2 cylinders each open at one end, placed perpindicular to each other. The cylinders sit below the water line, i.e. they are full of water and...
  4. J

I have an old American Standard toilet and replaced the actuator in an attempt to fix a minor leak. I probably should have just replaced the flapper, but too late now. I can't get the actuator to consistently stay up when I flush. I've adjusted the chain length and tried to set it every...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks