Search results

1. Philtrap

Taco SR501 Zone Valve Control - Wiring..

but I have a SR501, part number 9300-822. I don't think it's and exp.
  2. Philtrap

Taco SR501 Zone Valve Control - Wiring..

Folks, I have the subject zone valve controller. I have 4 zones valves all splice together and connected to this Valve Control. I've been having issues with one of the valves so I started looking into the wiring and looking at the wiring diagram, According to what I've see, this zone valve...
  3. Philtrap

Zone Valve Wiring - Abandoning red wires.

I thought so. Thanks so much!!!!
  4. Philtrap

Zone Valve Wiring - Abandoning red wires.

Folks – I have a Honeywell zone valve (v8043e1012). As you know it has 4 wires, 2 red 1 yellow and 1 orange. I want to move the connections from a taco sr501 to a taco 2vc404 to an open spot for other reasons… My question is can I abandon the two red wires since they are not needed with the...
  5. Philtrap

Zone Heat Problem

I have multiple zones valves on my boiler. The problem is when there is a call for heat in a zone when the main zone is not on, that zone will turn on, but the circulator and burner will turn on. The zone will only come on when the main is on. I have on the main, a nest thermostat. All...
  6. Philtrap

Triangle Tube Prestige 110 - CH when thermostats off

Here is a link to the manual https://www.triangletube.com/getmedia/cd0e7e27-1f43-4a12-af53-289b698ada24/PT-110-Installation-Manual.pdf?ext=.pdf
  7. Philtrap

Thanks Dana, I like your math better than mine.. So it's doing good with burning then? As for the model, see attached. Thanks again everyone!!!
  8. Philtrap

Hi folks, It's been a while... I installed my TT 110 gas boiler in 2013. So far all has been good. Two quick questions: 1) the boiler is calling for heat in the summer all of a sudden when the 2 thermostats are off. I disconnected the CH wire and it's still CH and running. I've read...
  9. Philtrap

Where is Tom Sawyer

Haven't seen a post from Tom. Hope all is Okay.
  10. Philtrap

Water Hammer - Boiler Call for Heat off - Press Diff Bypass Valve or boiler setting???

Hi Tom - I still get a banging when the zone valve closes. I don't recall this happening last year. I only noticed it this year. It only happens on the down stairs zone. Is there anything you can think of that I can do? Bleeding the zone, adding something to the zone.. Any help would be...
  11. Philtrap

Water Hammer - Boiler Call for Heat off - Press Diff Bypass Valve or boiler setting???

Tom - I installed the Bumblebee. Should I modify the Delta T on the pump? It's factory set at 20.
  12. Philtrap

Tom - I got the Bumble Bee Pump. Should I install the IFC? I don't have one now
  13. Philtrap

Happy New Year Tom. On this topic, I'm thinking of trying swapping the pump since it would be easier. From what I've researched, the Taco Bumblebee should be able to be swapped out without doing any flange replacement. Do you agree? Also, there is a pump in the boiler unit that is set to...
  14. Philtrap

Tom, I was thinking of installing another zone valve that doesn't close so fast. Do you have one to recommend? I was thinking of abandoning the Honeywell, keeping it open and installing a new ZV a little further down the line. I could do this pretty easily or just swap the pumps...
  15. Philtrap

Thanks Tom. I'm not sure if the Taco 077-F4 circulator can be slowed down... Do you know of a way to do it?
  16. Philtrap

The expansion tank is right before the circulator pump. This was where it was shown in the system piping diagram from Triangle Tube. Is that wrong?
  17. Philtrap

Hope all is well Tom Zone valves are Honeywell. At first I thought the problem may be due to the differential bypass valve being set too high but no one comment that that may be the issue.... I have a 1" Cliffy DBV as shown in the sketch I posted in my first post above. I would think when...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks