Search results

1. Crunch

How to keep track of static water level in your well.

'Well' thanks for ; comment. I did a forum search when I first started my pump replacement project on 'how to keep track of static water level' and got no returns in first page or two of results. If its buried in other threads for different issues then that's no help to my search and I went off...
  2. Crunch

How to keep track of static water level in your well.

Hi, Just wanted to share a little trick I added to my well when I recently completed pump replacement. I am no ‘brains’ so the experts may find fault or offer alternatives. It works for me. I wanted to keep track of depth of water in well and what happens over time with use and weather...
  3. Crunch

Position of torque arrestor ?

Job completed. Pulled old pump to bits and found reason for not getting to cut off pressure:) I was getting water at about 5 gpm at 5- 10 psi to house and with no water being drawn, water pressure would level out at 45- 50 psi. Water about 40 feet below grade. .
  4. Crunch

I am going to use sch 80 pvc. 20 foot lenghts, 1 1/4. Should i get fittings and screw each or glue as one length? (140 feet). Can pump undo screw joints?
  5. Crunch

You are right I missed “Dragging the well bore”. I pulled pump out this afternoon by myself. My 12 y.o. had the job of pulling hose down driveway. Well 150 feet, pump at 130, water level currently 45 has been high as 30 feet below surface looking at stains on drop pipe. I can see your point...
  6. Crunch

Thanks, So TA is a 'buffer/spacer' to stop pump and far end of drop pipe from beating its self on wall of well. It does nothing re torque itself, just tries to control flinging motion of the pump hanging at end of a pipe caused by pump running (torque). Placing TA as close to bottom of drop...
  7. Crunch

Hi, I will be pulling my pump next week to check/replace 15+ y.o. pump. Its running but won't get to shut off pressure and has reduced volume. Ammeter is showing same draw each phase. Reading up what I may encounter as this is my first attempt at a pump replacement. I was looking at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks